Tripod Gauges Fitted

Guest newl

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 13d

not sure about the xforce gauges, could be the gauge is rooted as the resistance change is still happening (actual ohm change doesn't matter so much as long as its calibrated to the gauge correctly). so yeah I reckon it could be the gauge?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 29d

not sure about the xforce gauges, could be the gauge is rooted as the resistance change is still happening (actual ohm change doesn't matter so much as long as its calibrated to the gauge correctly). so yeah I reckon it could be the gauge?

ok man thank you. Ill ring elite when theyre open and see about a replacement.

:buttrock:

• Donating Members

I have a spare autometer sender you can have for $10 if you need it.

hey JC can I buy this off you anyway to try out, I wanna try the cheapest trial and error first. if the gauge is gone then its gone and $10 isnt gonna make much difference, but if it works then I save myself $140 hopefully you live near logan Ill come and get today.

text me on 045006989 Leo

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 13d

you left a digit off your mobile number. I honestly don't think putting in the autometer sender would be worth it.

have you earthed the 'sender' wire from the gauge directly to earth to see if the gauge needle moves? if you tap it quickly on earth (at the back of the gauge) you will see the needle swing up, if not the gauge must be rooted.

• Donating Members

you left a digit off your mobile number. I honestly don't think putting in the autometer sender would be worth it.

have you earthed the 'sender' wire from the gauge directly to earth to see if the gauge needle moves? if you tap it quickly on earth (at the back of the gauge) you will see the needle swing up, if not the gauge must be rooted.

sorry dude just woke up after a nanny nap.

ive put the oil sensor back on so I could use the car without oil loss.

turned the key into acc, shorted the sender wire on gauge to the earth wire on gauge and the needle move all the way to the top.

I think my sender is rooted.

sorry bout the number it is 0450606989 Leo

• Donating Members

Ok so I rang the guys at blue power and spoke to them about the sender that I cant buy from any where. they werent sure how they could help me and asked if I could send an email to them regarding my issue so below will show "me" sending emails with "bluepower" as well

"me" I have xforce gauges and the oil temp is not getting a reading. I have tested and come to the conclusion that either the sender is faulty or the gauge.

resistance between thread and sender terminal is 76k ohms when cold, and 26k ohms when hot.

a lot of other senders only have a resistance of 2k ohms when cold could that be my problem maybe.

the next morning "bluepower" Just waiting for my supplier to get back to me..

that afternoon "me" I would also be happy with the specs on this sender so I might be able to find a supplement sender without having to lose money on replacing gauges.

so many people have bought these products and may go through the same issue, I would also like to add this information to the www.fordxr6turbo.com forum should it mean that others can save money as well.

thanks again

later that afternoon "bluepower" Hey mate ...

I have forwarded your detail to Jeff the guy who used to import the gauges.. he will be calling you .. if he does not please let me know

• Donating Members

jeff (form poleposition) calls me today at work and after telling him the tests ive conducted says it soundslike its definately the sender, he also said there have never been issues with the gauges always the sending units.

I ask him for specs on the sender I have so I can find a replacement, he said he'll do one better.

"Jeff says" I stand behind my products and will send you a new sender free of charge, I said oh you work at poleposition do you.

he then replies I am the owner. we talked and I said thank you very very much, I want to show some recognition to this man and also to JC807, couldnt have done it without you.

:icon_ford:

• Donating Members

got it in the mail yesterday and installed it after the car cooled down went for 5 min drive and voila it works.

bloody awesome guy that Jeff :buttrock:

• 1 month later...