Tropical Ford In Rockhampton (c-qld) Ok?

Locky28

• Member For: 16y 11m 1d

Hi all,

I've booked in to get my car service on the coming Tuesday to get the first service since I had it at Tropical Ford in Rockhampton (Central Queensland) to get the 75,000 service and as well as a hopefully a warranty claim on my Alternator which has died. I'm also thinking of getting them to replace the black stone guard plastic bit under the front bumper which came off some time ago.

Does anybody have any experience with this service dealer? Should I go with ford or should I cancel and try to get in somewhere else?

Also how much would I be looking to pay for a full service+new alternator+new stone guard?

Thanks in advance,

Locky.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 7d
Does anybody have any experience with this service dealer? Should I go with ford or should I cancel and try to get in somewhere else?

Locky.

You should never go to Ford for anything except warranty work. why pay a first year apprentice to service your car and pay an exuberant price for it. Find someone other than a dealership that will charge less then half then what Fraud service will.

I.B.

• iTs alL DaRDy........
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

we charge about 440 to supply and fit a new alt to a BA/BF

sothere is an idea, the main cause of failure is leaking powersteering pump above so check that. but at the end of the day they r a sh*t unit anyway

I doubt the stone gaurd is worth much its only pl;astic, buy it from spare parts and save the cost of labour and fit it your self.

• Member For: 17y 9m 15d

hey mate

I put my car in there in mid jan for a ticking noise coming from the turbo area...the car came back fine but they didnt fix the problem they said they couldnt hear anything...thinking about takin it back and getting a mechanic to come and listen to it while im there...

however I dont think ill be getting a service there ill prob be heading to brads service centre or ultratune.

• Member For: 16y 8m 23d

Hi Locky,

Well I hope it went well for you mate at ford, My car went there Friday to have the recall on the brakes done.

And the 30,000km service done.

The car seems to be ok but as its a new car to me I'm not sure.

Only got to drive it for about an hour the day before. I do know the brakes are alot better.

And it come back to me very dirty, I wasn't happy about that.... :innocent: grease and hand prints all over it.

I freaked out abit .

As I have my own mechanic it won't be going back to Ford again..

• Member For: 16y 11m 1d

Thanks for all the replies guys, it goes in tomorrow.

Turns out the alternator was fine, just a plug the Auto lecky left out when changing a fuse. Saw it when I went to take my battery out to try and charge it up so I plugged it back in, charged the battery and now it's fine.

I got a quote for the gaurd and some replacement screws from Tropical ford which came to ~$250, very expensive piece of plastic! I think I'll take your advice and buy the spare then fit it myself so I don't pay a fortune for labour.

Heres hoping the ordinary service doesn't cost me a fortune!

• Damn You's A Sexy Chich
  • Member For: 16y 8m 10d

Theres Only 2 of those scrivets in the lower and they are a very common part you can basically pick up at any auto store with a rack that has spare bolts n clips n bits... the rest is 7mm screws and from memory 2 phillis heads as well...