New Fg Falcon

Iconic Bionic

Keep what your got or FG it is  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 16y 6m
We are expecting pricing by next month, hopefully within the next week or so as a best case scenario Mondie, hopefully brochures won't be too far behind that!

Hey Senna

was just wondering if you know if the new F6 has the overboost function I no the xr6t does. I have asked around about this feature but no one can give me a deffinate answer

cheers

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 15d

Hey Penko :tonguepoke:

We haven't been told exact specs on the vehicles yet, other than the power and torque figures, once we get a little closer we should get more info. I suppose it would be questionable whether or not the F6 will need it! Judging by how the normal T goes, I don't think something with 310kw will need more acceleration - but you can never get enough!

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 17d
Ooh la la - and here's some quotable quotes:

"The world of Australian performance sedans has a new King - the FG T (yeah as if we didn't already know that).

Numbers on par with an HSV GTS - but 30,000 cheaper!

Even BMWs mighty 309kw M3 only JUST manages to better theis pumped family sedan for straight line performance."

And on the G6ET - even more raves:

"If Expensive Daewoo currently rules the local niche for dedicated luxury expresses with it's Calais V, then Ford has just usurped the crown.

Falcon G6ET 0-100 in 5.1 0 - 160 in 11.3 0 - 400m in 13.3

HSV VE GTS 0-100 in 5.2 0 - 160 in 11.6 0 - 400m in 13.4

BMW E92 M3 0-100 in 5.1 0 - 160 in 11.0 0 - 400m in 13.3"

Author: Jonathon Hawley, Wheels

These pages make great reading indeed..... Tab - is there enough room on your ceiling to fit them all in??? This is the only question left!

The question that IS answered - they might as well :dontknow: over in the Lions camp.

:blink::msm: :msm: :msm: :msm:

just got back from the perth motorshow. so I'll just list a few things I that stuck with me

firstly I wasted $16 attending this event. if you're from wa you can save yourself a few bucks and just go walk around a few car yards, its pretty much the same. hell even the exotics are straight from alf's showroom, the masaratti that was there gets lent to people as a loan car when they bring there ferraris etc in for a service. no mercs no bmw, no porsche. about the only car is was excited to see was tourag r50 21 inch wheels ftw.

onto the falcon, I was very disappointed. the fg look like bloated versions of the bf externally, panel gaps still huge, wheels arches are so huge that you can see the front springs from side on. ute cover looks huge and ugly, tail lights look cheap/ricey. racoon thing on fpv looks plain daft. little side windows on the ute have gotten even smaller even though the glass is physically bigger, wheels not big enough. Its different to the bf but its not any better, its just subtley different. FG= BF mk3

internally they aint to much better. aux thing is in a stupid place and is a poor effort at best, I want an integrated audio connection not a jack point. feature dash plastics look and feel cheap, blind spot seems to be even worse ( I would really like to know how they've managed to achieve this, I played with seats and mirrors for ages I think the mirrors are smaller), drivers seat still has manual front back movment in xr6 turbo, how hard is it to fit powered seats especially in a $50,000 car. no power steering column adjustment on any model as far as could tell. the door trim in the g6e turbo was falling off and was loose in other cars. NO FOOT REST, I can't stress how much this gets on my tits. fpv start button is a crappy gymick, but it was on the ba/f as well. there was other stuff as well but these are the items that I noticed.

maybe I was expect to much but I thought they would be a huge leap over the bf. fg= better icc and steering wheel and better rear seat entry and that's about it.

extra power is great and all but its nothing that couldn't have been achieved with bigger cooler, injectors and a tune.

as I trudged off disponded I went to have a look through holdens offerings, they just as bad (I havn't really looked close at them before). when comparing to the euro cars that where there, the aussies just feel cheap. end rant

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 21y 3m 16d
Its different to the bf but its not any better, its just subtley different. FG= BF mk3

what do u expect? NO manufacturer makes huge visual departures from previous models - that is too risky. Look at the AU debacle! Now in terms of function the FG is much more than a BF III. If youre not aware of the changes then it...it sounds like u dont wana be aware.

Subaru have taken a huge risk wtih their new Impreza hatch design and that will alienate many WRX fans but will probably pick up more people looking for a more practical car. Time will tell.

• Member For: 21y 9m 6d
firstly I wasted $16 attending this event. if you're from wa you can save yourself a few bucks and just go walk around a few car yards, its pretty much the same.

Agreed 110%, I'm glad I didn't pay. Thanks Ford MoCo.

onto the falcon, I was very disappointed.

Well, well, that makes two of us. :spit::huh:

Simon....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 6d

I appreciate the heads up guys but I think that I am still going to have to pay to go the show. I can't wait to see the FG any longer!

No doubt I will regret paying the $16 afterwards though!

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 15d

OK Guys, we've just heard from Ford that they have begun shipping the FG Falcons. You should start to see them in Dealerships over the next week.

:wow2: