New Fg Falcon

Iconic Bionic

Keep what your got or FG it is  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 14d

the G6E-T will be a bloody nice thing to drive no doubt, I'm just worried about not seeing anything about an LSD in the car. I'm sure it would have one, but if it doesn't it will mean alot of traction control intervention when on, and with TC/DSC off it will just leave big No. 1's everywhere instead of 11's if you know what I mean!

The handling will not be quite as sharp as the XR because it is still a luxury based vehicle, Ford call the suspension kit "Luxury Peformance" which is different to the "Overt Sports" aspect of the XR. Comes down to how much you wanna spend - The G6E T will work out close to $60k

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 17y 2m 5d

Senna do you sell fords?? If so do you think there will be as much margin in the pricing as the BF's? Because when I enquired about a BF back in Nov last year I could get one for about $45,500 drive away with a couple of extras... do you think it could be done with the new FG 6T?

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

Yes Mate, I sell fords, check out the link in my Sig!

To be fair to all the dealers out there, I won't be divulging the margins of the new car on-line because I beleive it would cheapen the product and hurt the new car. Being a brand new vehicle, I wouldn't rock into a dealership expecting to be able to get an amazing discount on a new T, there will be waiting times on these, and dealers aren't going to give them away and have to wait 2 months before they get paid for it!

All that said the new vehicle prices are very similar to what the BF2's are so read what you will from that!

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 26d

Maybe this time next year...definitely not for the first few months though

EDIT:

What he’s trying to say is that dealers will rip you off as much as they can for as long as they can :outahere:

Edited by tab

Yes Mate, I sell fords, check out the link in my Sig!

To be fair to all the dealers out there, I won't be divulging the margins of the new car on-line because I beleive it would cheapen the product and hurt the new car. Being a brand new vehicle, I wouldn't rock into a dealership expecting to be able to get an amazing discount on a new T, there will be waiting times on these, and dealers aren't going to give them away and have to wait 2 months before they get paid for it!

All that said the new vehicle prices are very similar to what the BF2's are so read what you will from that!

that's a fair comment mate, guess I will have to wait and see what happens! really if the FG is as good as it looks then I dont mind paying alittle extra to get my hands on one :outahere:

Edited by ashmo

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

I just hope everyone else is reasonable like you tab, this might seem like a bit of a whinge, but I'd love to actually make some money out of falcons again (not to mention actually sell falcons again!)

I haven't actually been around for an all new falcon yet, I started mid 05, so I'm quite excited for this release. We go on our drive day on the 18th of April, :outahere:

Edited by senna_T

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 26d

ooops....obviously didn't see my edited post :outahere:

Valid point though. And in the end discounted cars make the re-sale crap anyway so it's never a win-win situation.

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 14d

2008 Ford FG Falcon pricing announced (hack from Australian Car Advice)

Ford Australia has announced official pricing for its new FG series Falcon range, which begins with the entry-level XT sedan at $36,490.

Along with the XR sports sedan range, Ford has also revealed an interesting pricing position for the newly introduced sports luxury G series range.

Potential buyers will be pleasantly surprised to discover both the entry-level G6 and XR6 models carry an identical recommended retail price of $39,990.

The G6 comes exclusively with a five-speed automatic transmission and a host of standard luxury features, whilst the XR6 offers the choice of either a six-speed manual, five-speed automatic or six-speed automatic transmissions, and 17-inch, 18-inch or 19-inch alloy wheels.

Next up, the G6E which features the highly acclaimed ZF six-speed automatic transmission, leather seat trim and reverse camera as standard equipment demands a recommended retail price of $46,990.

Topping not only the G series range but also the new FG Falcon range is the G6E Turbo, which carries a price tag of $54,990.

With Ford’s XR performance turbo-six and V8 range neck-and-neck in the power stakes, pricing is appropriately identical, with the XR6 Turbo and XR8 both starting at $45,490.

Buyers also have the choice of three option packages on the FG Falcon sedan range - the Technology Pack, the Safety Pack and the XR Luxury Pack.

Available on XT, G6 and across the XR range, the Technology Pack combines Bluetooth mobile phone integration with iPod compatibility for a recommended retail price of $450.

The Safety Pack incorporates side curtain airbags, power adjustable pedals (automatic transmission models only) and a perimeter alarm on the same selected models, for a recommended retail price of $600. Side curtain airbags are also available as a stand alone option for $300.

The XR Luxury pack essentially maintains the bold exterior of the XR range whilst incorporating the specifications of the luxury G series range. The pack includes leather seat trim, dual zone climate control, Premium audio system, sports steering wheel and interior finishes, and 19-inch alloy wheels.

On the XR6, the XR Luxury Pack is available at $5,400 and includes an upgrade to 19″ wheels, while on the XR6 Turbo and XR8 models the price is $5,000.

Together with the sedan, Ford has also announced pricing for its all new ute range - as well as a new addition.

Some of you may recall Ford registering the R6 namesake a while back which stirred much controversy - including claims of an ultra-sports model, this has materialised in the form of the R6 ute, a segue between the standard Ford ute workhorse and the sports-biased XR ute range.

The FG Falcon ute range starts at $27,795 for the Falcon Ute Cab Chassis with the new six-speed manual transmission and extends up to $39,490 for the both the XR6 Turbo and XR8 sports models with the optional ZF six-speed automatic transmission - or $1000 less with the manual.

The price differential between Styleside Box and Cab Chassis variants has been reduced to a common $400 increment on Falcon Ute, R6 and XR6 models.

The Falcon ute range also offers identical Techonology and XR Luxury packs as the sedan, carrying a price of $450 and $4000 respectively.

The Safety pack incorporates side head/thorax airbags and a perimeter alarm for a recommended retail price of $600 in the ute.

An XR Sports pack unique to the ute range offers 18-inch alloy wheels on top of the Technology pack for $1000.

Recommended retail pricing for the new BF Falcon Wagon MkIII remains unchanged at $37,720, despite the addition of Dynamic Stability Control as standard equipment on the petrol model - E-Gas dedicated LPG engine option also remains unchanged at $1,400.

2008 Ford FG Falcon pricing summary:

* 2008 Ford FG Falcon XT $36,490

* 2008 Ford FG FalconXR6 $39,990

* 2008 Ford FG FalconXR6T $45,490

* 2008 Ford FG FalconXR8 $45,490

* 2008 Ford FG Falcon G6 $39,990

* 2008 Ford FG Falcon G6E $46,990

* 2008 Ford FG Falcon G6ET $54,990

Options

* 6spd automatic transmission $1,500

* Egas $1,400

* XT 16″ alloys $500

* XR 18″ alloys $1,000

* XR luxury pack $5,000 ($5,400 on std XR6) inc leather, permium, dualzone, 19″ alloys

* G6 & G6E 18″ alloys $1,000

* G6ET 19″ alloys $2,000

* Techonolgy pack $450 inc blutooth and ipod intergration

Is there an offical release date when dealerships should recieve their first stock?

I remember drive days when I sold new cars at nissan... got to take out brand new 07 patrols, pathfinders and navaras (all with less then 400km's on them) and thrash them on an off road 4wd track for the day... best fun ive had :outahere: