New Fg Falcon

Iconic Bionic

Keep what your got or FG it is  

330 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 26d

I don't think so mate, I was really disappointed. I think a nice BF Phoon looks way better then an FG F6, don't get me wrong there a nice looking car but I just don't think I will be getting one. They look to rushed IMO, they didn't even bother making some new rims for the F6. The engine mods although way better then BA/BF are still way behind par to most stage 1 aftermarket kits on the market so why bother.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 21y 3m 15d
I was pretty keen to get one before I saw one in the flesh, I have to say I'm not really a fan at all any more. VZ to VE was a completely new car in every way but with the falcon they have just taken a BF and made it more smooth looking. I also realized the reason for the raccoon eyes, without them the FPV's look pretty much like the XR's. Unless something dramatically changes with the next model apart from the engine I think I'll be looking elsewhere for my next car.

Now where did I put that flame suit....

Dude, youre mostly wrong and majorly understating the changes. Theyve rejigged the plumbing in the engine bay, added overboot, launch control, fixed heaps of minor niggly things, upped the fuel efficiency and power, tweaked the fuel tank (same size though), only added 10kg in the whole process, possibly gonna land a 5-star crash rating... also revised the door seals location for wind noise reduction, etc

Theres probably more things to add to that list.

youre a hard man to pls.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 26d

Yep ya right Pat, it's a nice car but not worth an upgrade from a BF IMO.

TurboDewd your absolutely right in your statement, my argument is if you think about it they could of done most if not all of that stuff in a series 3 BF. Yes the plumbing is different but it's still the same setup just a bit bigger and more thought out. They did fix alot of minor thing as should be expected in a new model, And now days people should expect better fuel economy and power with each new model which I might add is only due to the fact the F6 & GT's power will go up to combat the HSV equivalents as much as ford will deny it.

Don't forget the FG is Fords answer to the VE and as much as I despise the VE I just don't think the FG is going to be good enough, but hey I could and hope I'm wrong.

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 21y 3m 15d

XRTPSI,

the look will grow on you. Its not a massive exterior departure from current model probably due to the market research Ford Oz have done. I presume theyve done market research and found customers like the BA/BF look and Im guessing a radical departure from that look could be too risky.

What kind of styling would u prefer?

Id like a sportier look too but I understand that its a generic model that's gotta fill tastes ranging from XT thru the G series into the sporty XRs.

Just gimme a white one, let me plonk 19" metallic orange Simmons on it, pump up the power to, say, 320kW and Im happy.

I really like how the falcon has only put on 10kg - I feared VE-like weight gains.