2008 Falcon

Barry Blue

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 13d

This may be slight off topic but someone posted that Late model camira outsold Ford by 2:1. Lets look at the real figures which are based on locally manufactured vehicles versus imports. These figures are from the FCAI website.

Sales for Jan 2007: Ford 4169. Holden: 4551. Mitsu: 1042. Toyota: 2472

Compared to last years Jan sales, Ford sales are down 12.7% Expensive Daewoo down 17.9%

Mitsu are up 27.9% & Toyota down 7.9%

Remember these are locally manufactured vehicles.

Imports for Jan 2007 are 64,702 with Japan making up 30,933 of these figures. Imports are up by 14.1% compared to Jan last year.

So, in summing up. Australia needs laws that have the balls to do something about imports. If you want to import, then lets make a rule that makes overseas manufacturers produce a larger percentage of vehicles in this country.

By the way, how many of us die hard Ford/Expensive Daewoo fans have a Jap import parked in the driveway. Go figure as they say. My 2cents.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 13d

Those are total sales for all cars. I mentioned Falcon vs Late model camira sales: 1995 vs 3453.

Nah, I don't have a Jap car in the garage; it's german. I hope you aren't advocating this insular patriotic view we should only buy Australian cars.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 13d

Thanks EvilF6. Misread your post on figures. What site do you use to reference figures ? And No, I don't advocate insular attitude. My family have 2 Fords, 1 Mazda, 1 Nissan and have have owned Holdens also. I find it interesting to see the outcry when local manufacturers put wokers off yet the government pours millions into a failing model 380.

• Member For: 17y 8m 10d

If the rumors about the new Falcon being a Mondeo on steroids is true then the magazine mock up would be fairly close to the mark. I hope not, :spoton: Or I'll buy anoyher Typhoon and put it in the shed for the future.

BBB