2008 Falcon

Barry Blue

• Member For: 19y 11m 28d

Hi Guys

Dose anyone have any info on the new model Typhoon coming out this year?

I’m looking at trading my XR6T to a Typhoon, and I wanted to find out, if the new model is running the same engine configuration.

Word is, it will be a V6 twin turbo.

I’m running a phase three, and I was thinking about waiting for the new model to come out. But I still love the BF and can use all the parts I have now, on the current model.

Dose anyone know what ECU they are using, and can the capa flash be used on the new model?

Cheers Mick

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 1d

The V6 isnt scheduled until 2010 so I imagine engine config for Orion will be the same, but with a few more kw's.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 19d
I6 single turbo. 300kw.

Correct. I have a greater chance of winning the 100 metres in Beijing then there being a twin turbo v6 in the Orion Typhoon.

• Member For: 18y 21d

V6 Twin Turbo has been confirmed Orion series 2. By the way, anyone know what the orion model number is called ? I.e. the barra was the ba/bf, surely the orion is not "or"

• Member For: 16y 9m 19d

Also see Wheels Mag Aug 07 and Motor Sept07 when those first spy pics came out- the new Orion lineup is toted to be:

XR6T 260kW I6T (tuned up BFII)

XR8 280kW 5.4 V8

F6 Typhoon 300kW I6T (tuned up BFII) with new low restriction intake and 0.79bar - a sales rep said they're aiming for 308kw and 575Nm (sales pitch??)

GT/GT-P 320kW 5.4 V8 (higher revving, new oil pump, bigger valves, new upper plenum chamber, buttefly throttle ala mustang, and input from Herrod)

The Inline 6 Turbo Orions will have the new air intake eliminateing the restrictive crossover on the BA/BFs

All still speculation on power till it hits the streets.

until 2010- :spoton: Inline 6 stops being manufactured (end of an era)and switch from 5.4L Boss drivetrain

SeriesII Orion

XR6T and F6 get US 3.5L Duratec V6 Twin Turbo (dubbed Twinforce) with 309kW (F6)

New V8's supposed to be 6.2L and/or shorter stroke 5.8L

Also mentioned is use of the Jags C-XF 5.0L all alloy V8 in NA and Supercharged.??....

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 3d

I can envisage a pretty interesting decision process for people when the Series 2 Orion is about to hit the streets in a couple years.

"Do I grab a runout 300kw series 1 with the legacy I6 turbo engine, or hang out for the new twin turbo albeit an unknown quantity?"

Oooooh, pressure :spoton:

• Member For: 16y 9m 19d

Too true

and to make it just that bit more confusing the 2010 V6 Duratec is meant to be short on torque only 540Nm when pumping out 309kW....the I6 is a torque monster, they'll be tryingto build torque upwards of 575nM in a US built V6 (which is what the stock I6 will have in Orion seriesI this year)....

I6T will be a hard act to follow....most tuners already know that, when we know how much torque you can extract out of the beast.

IMHO the build with the I6T is the one to get... and hang on to it, if not just for patriotic reasons.

The last of the Aussie builds should be prized.