2008 Falcon

Barry Blue

• Member For: 17y 4m 15d

When they say it has the same "hardpoints" as the BF "so don't expect big changes" doesn't that mean the suspension mounting points? I thought they were going to change the front suspension to have the Terry's virtual pivot point. Also if the suspension stays the same surely they can change the body enough so it doesn't have the long overhangs? The VE has looks great with the short overhangs and I'm sure its better for clearance angles too

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 13d

Article claims the 6 cylinder will only cop a minro upgrade, which is very disappointing. It'll be lucky to make 200kW, which considering the Japanese and Germans are making this from 3l these days, is piss poor from Ford (and Holden).

I can't see how this car will save Ford at all. Even if it looks a lot better, they are still talking weight increases and it's the same size. VE, 380 and Aurion are all doing poorly. They all make noises about being world class, but they seem to think the world stops at our borders. Of course it'll be a much better car, but so is the VE and it's not helping it much.

• Member For: 18y 6m 5d

After doing a little search on the Forum, it appears that the XR8 goes from 260kw to 290, the GTP to 310kw, the Phoon to 300kw, & I suppose the XR6T to the PHOON specs of 270kw. Can anyone from the "The FORD Camp" on the Forum like to let it slip if the specs on the XR6T will equate to the 270 figure useing the Phoon engine but a change to red on the engine cover ? :spoton:

• Member For: 19y 9m 3d

I don't understand why they need to keep the GT ahead in power figures when at the end of the day it will still be a piece of sh*te compared to the Phoon??? Looks like the GT is going to have it tough against the HSV's again....

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 21y 3m 15d

Just seen & sat in the new XR8 & Tornado & must say IMHO I believe they will not disappoint when they hit the showroom! And no I don't have or can't get photos. I can say though I don't believe anybody will need to upgrade the IC on the F6 models!!!!! The sooner they release this new range the better.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 2m 17d

So was it part of a consumer survey? I did not know it at the time years ago, but I got invited to do a consumer survey at Ford in Broadmeadows where they asked me questions about what I liked in 4WD and soft-roaders. Then they showed us through some cars that were infact to be launched as the Territory later on!