2008 Falcon

Barry Blue

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 25d
Thanks Robin, that is interesting news.

I would say that Ford have gone keyless if there is a stop button

I hope they have gone LED's and also MP3 Audio.

And for the doubters, there are several people posting here that do work for Ford, so we should be happy to get any info from them.

Thanks guys :msm:

I heard it will look like this

God I wish. :roflmbo:

Edited by Slymeat

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 14d

Sales speak louder than words. And they are now pathetic. Take the fleet market away and they are almost non-existent.

Do yo really believe even if the Orion's fuel economy is say 10% better (best case scenario) that will make any difference.

Bury you head in the sand, but it won't help save them. Mitsubishi is dead, but they just don't know it.

I don't want Ford or Mitsubishi to go under, but they aren't helping. Expensive Daewoo at least has massive exports to save it's neck, and the Late model camira is selling 2:1 over Ford, but is also in free fall.

You need to realise the Falcon is basically a 9 year old platform and has looked nearly the same for the past 5 years, selling against brand new opposition. Of course sales will drop. They were expecting that and just need to weather the storm until Orion arrives. They don't expect sales of large cars to return to where they once where and they realise export markets can secure their future, hence the decision to make the Orion in LHD and seek export markets. Do you think they aren't aware of this? They have planned ahead, they haven't buried their head in the sand thinking things will improve in the large car sales cause they won't. They haven't invested 1.8 billion dollars here just to sell 3000 a month here in Australia.

They can't build export markets overnight. The world is already saturated with too many makes and models. Anyway they have had their head in the sand as they have almost gotten to the point of no return and now decide exports might be important - pretty stupid. You also seem to forget the parent company is in deep :blink: - their losses are staggering and unsustainable. I blame them not Ford Australia, as they are easily the most conservative car company in North America and have been pushing out tripe over their for decades and like the other 2 makers have been totally inward looking, thinking the American market is sufficient. All three are in a deep hole, but Ford's is the deepest.

• Member For: 18y 1m 19d

Sales speak louder than words. And they are now pathetic. Take the fleet market away and they are almost non-existent.

Do yo really believe even if the Orion's fuel economy is say 10% better (best case scenario) that will make any difference.

Bury you head in the sand, but it won't help save them. Mitsubishi is dead, but they just don't know it.

I don't want Ford or Mitsubishi to go under, but they aren't helping. Expensive Daewoo at least has massive exports to save it's neck, and the Late model camira is selling 2:1 over Ford, but is also in free fall.

You need to realise the Falcon is basically a 9 year old platform and has looked nearly the same for the past 5 years, selling against brand new opposition. Of course sales will drop. They were expecting that and just need to weather the storm until Orion arrives. They don't expect sales of large cars to return to where they once where and they realise export markets can secure their future, hence the decision to make the Orion in LHD and seek export markets. Do you think they aren't aware of this? They have planned ahead, they haven't buried their head in the sand thinking things will improve in the large car sales cause they won't. They haven't invested 1.8 billion dollars here just to sell 3000 a month here in Australia.

They can't build export markets overnight. The world is already saturated with too many makes and models. Anyway they have had their head in the sand as they have almost gotten to the point of no return and now decide exports might be important - pretty stupid. You also seem to forget the parent company is in deep :w00t2: - their losses are staggering and unsustainable. I blame them not Ford Australia, as they are easily the most conservative car company in North America and have been pushing out tripe over their for decades and like the other 2 makers have been totally inward looking, thinking the American market is sufficient. All three are in a deep hole, but Ford's is the deepest.

Not entirely true. GMs losses are huge too, just been more reporting done on Ford here because they're struggling to compete. It all mostly comes down to the companies (GM moreso) stupidly signing workplace contracts with the automotive unions. The costly part of the deal is they agreed to continue to pay wages for retrenched workers until they find new jobs. Now because of the drop in the big car market, all of them have had to close plants and sack workers, which is costing them billions in wages to ex-employees, and guess what, none of them can find new work (would you if you were being paid to do nothing).

According to the article I read last year, GM is the biggest hit because most of their workforce is under this agreement, then Ford who had fewer on the agreement then Toyota USA. Absolute dopes, and a prime example of how unions can screw things up big time.

I doubt any of them will dissapear, just have to adjust to meet market demand, however, this union crap has made it harder for them to effectively diversify.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 26d

post-4291-1172469232_thumb.jpg

Anyone seen the latest wheels mag? - 2008 Falcon pics etc?

Wheels reveals: 2008 Ford Falcon

Exclusive pictures and details expose Ford’s plans for next year's all-important new large car, codenamed Orion.

Australia’s leading new car magazine, Wheels has lifted the lid on Ford’s make-or-break next Falcon, the Orion.

Wheels’ March issue, on sale this Wednesday (February 28), exposes the Falcon’s dramatic new look and gives exclusive details of the car Ford Australia hopes will reignite both plummeting Falcon sales and the depressed local large car market.

Highlights of Wheels’ authoritative take on the car codenamed Orion include:

. Detailed pictures of what the new Falcon will look like, including its major styling cues and their links to other cars in Ford’s local and global range;

. How the XR performance versions will differ from fleet and family Falcons;

. How Ford will beat the rear seat entry problems that have plagued the Falcon since AU; and,

. Engineering highlights – including full details of the new Falcon’s suspension, steering, transmissions, engines and new, tougher front end.

post-4291-1172469153_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 21y 9m 29d

I wouldn't read into those pictures too much. I remember when motor release an article like that when the BA was in the process of being released. The images that they showed looked nothing like the end product. I think it's mostly speculation rather than fact.

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 10m 15d

it will look nothing like that, wheels/motor just play with there computers to make sales... nothing more nothing less

• FPV521
  • Member For: 20y 1m 17d
it will look nothing like that, wheels/motor just play with there computers to make sales... nothing more nothing less

I agree, but jusy incase it does look like that, my BA wont be moving out of my garage anytime soon.

Sales might not be as good as they could be but the BA/BF is a great looking car and in my opinion the still look more aggresive thatn the Late model camira and I hope that sort of look doesnt change anytime soon but I am fearing the day when Ford of Expensive Daewoo go to Euro but I hope Expensive Daewoo does it first.

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 2m 17d

Hi Guys,

Bigger pic.post-7129-1172636048_thumb.jpg

Same engine but maybe tweaked to give 10kW more at the flywheel apparently.

Same rear end but Territory front end suspension and rigidity apparently.

ZF 6 Speed Auto comes as standard apparently.

No pics of the XR varient - hopefully all the pics inside are the plain vanilla version only :roflmbo:

Looks a bit commodorish if you ask me. Need to see it in the flesh I reckon.

Edited by EvilDaifu