Are Ex Cop Xr6 Turbo's A Good Buy?

BEN189

• Well-Hard Bangin' Member
  • Member For: 17y 1m 10d

Hey, welcome to the forums mate. I got mine in the same situation and have never looked back.

Have a look through the general tech section to find some tips on getting her to run like she's new!!

Dan

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Kickass
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 2d
before you would buy an ex cop car you would have to think about the facts.

1. All cop cars are driven hard, (except for the unmarked pencil pushes cars).

2. 99% of XR6T that were cop cars in their former life are most likely to be highway cars, these have deffinately been driven hard.

3. For some reason everyone thinks that cop cars are "tricked up". This maybe true in the old days but these days there is nothing done too them to make them any better. There are "Police packs" for cars but my understanding is these only have different wiring to the normal cars.

In my opinion I would never buy an ex cop car and guess what I do for a livin????, but that's only my opinion.

Accountant?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 24d

This is my first post here... I'm a convert from team red - This will be my first Ford EVER!

Hoping to pick-up my BF II tomorrow or Wednesday. It too is an ex-cop car, 11/06 build with 49k on the clock, for $23K.

Still under warranty and I've taken out extended warranty under my novated lease also (being an ex-cop car).

Drivers seat padding is quite worn and the interior isn't the cleanest. But you get what you pay for and at that price I'm a happy chappy!

It too has the squealing brakes. Is this common on the ex-cop cars?

• Member For: 16y 1m 17d
This is my first post here... I'm a convert from team red - This will be my first Ford EVER!

Hoping to pick-up my BF II tomorrow or Wednesday. It too is an ex-cop car, 11/06 build with 49k on the clock, for $23K.

Still under warranty and I've taken out extended warranty under my novated lease also (being an ex-cop car).

Drivers seat padding is quite worn and the interior isn't the cleanest. But you get what you pay for and at that price I'm a happy chappy!

It too has the squealing brakes. Is this common on the ex-cop cars?

23k is much overpriced Im guessing its a dealer? Hope u didnt get it!!! But if you did guess it saves u going to a auction.

With the car market the way it is you should get it much cheaper 18k at most. I got one 4 months ago 04/07 build, no scratches only 2 stone chips. Interior has some wear on the drivers seat, and 1 black mark on roof (5cent peice) but that's it paid $21,250.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 11d
Most police XR6T's are well looked after in general they are assigned to a particular driver or two and although they are driven hard they are serviced with more money spent on them than the general sh*tboxes. You will find that a lot of highway patrol drivers are car lovers of some kind and like there cars to be clean. That said I have a sillouette 2004 BA series 1 manual with 72k's premium sound duel 2 1/2 inch cat back exhaust edit, custom phoon bodykit, et al that I am selling to upgrade to a FG G6ET.

Agree. Well and truly flogged in the XR's only, but very well serviced and cared for. They are often inspected daily and any faults are quickly fixed. Any damage is repaired by replacement of the part and not just reapaired.

The considerable saving and often with plenty of warranty remaining makes them well worth the buy if you can put up with a few holes in the dash and some in side the boot lid.

I.B.