Ute Tray

adds_969

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 18y 20d
Hey all,

Just wondering is any of you's can help me out? Im wanting to maybe take out the tub liner of my Xr6 and build a nice timber box and cover it in marine carpet, or should I just bulid the timber box over the top of the tub liner? Im thinking of just using plywood so I still have maximium room in the tray! ? ? ? Any ideas would be great or if anyone has any pictures of their utes with modded trays!!

Cheers

I got another idea, well its probably too late because you probably have already done it. I reckon you remove the tub, as you have done, and create a giant wooden drawer the entire length of the tray, on either side you put some timber on hinges or screws so when you pull it out you get legs that drop down like a table (because it will be on slidy things) it will then become a work bench as well.

and I reckon you cut the bottom off the tub liner, so you can put that back over the top of it, and it all looks nice, then seal up the sides, and spray the top with some sort of body deadener, so it looks pretty much the same as what it was, or you could just screw the old base of the tray on top of the drawer bit, and seal the cuts at the sides with sikoflex.

I think I might do this myself... off to the ute.

Edited by wesleyt

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 15y 6m 2d

"I reckon that the space cab bit behind the seats should have a sort of suicide doors setup like on the rx8 mazda.

I got a load of tools behind the seats that are always a pain in the arse to get out, you could have a split pin so you open the front doors and then lift the pin to open them or just put the handle in the door jam so it couldnt be seen from the outside.

I reckon this would be an easy mod too if somebody wants to have a go."

This is as close as we're gonna get I recon...

post-35032-126292724044_thumb.jpg

post-35032-126292726035_thumb.jpg

post-35032-126292728233_thumb.jpg