Ute Tray

adds_969

• Member For: 16y 10m 8d

Hey all,

Just wondering is any of you's can help me out? Im wanting to maybe take out the tub liner of my Xr6 and build a nice timber box and cover it in marine carpet, or should I just bulid the timber box over the top of the tub liner? Im thinking of just using plywood so I still have maximium room in the tray! ? ? ? Any ideas would be great or if anyone has any pictures of their utes with modded trays!!

Cheers

• Member For: 18y 20d

coz its a really good idea that's why, im always talking about it, I reckon there should be a slit under the back of the tub liner where you can slide a big long sheet of ply out from to have a work bench that extends from the back of the ute. or just to have drawers and compartments that you can store sh*t in without interferring too much with the space at the top.

Im always seeing guys with a ute with two massive toolboxes on each side and then they can barely fit a step ladder in between them, bit pointless really.

or....

and remember you heard this idea here first if ford read this and do it !!!

I reckon that the space cab bit behind the seats should have a sort of suicide doors setup like on the rx8 mazda.

I got a load of tools behind the seats that are always a pain in the arse to get out, you could have a split pin so you open the front doors and then lift the pin to open them or just put the handle in the door jam so it couldnt be seen from the outside.

I reckon this would be an easy mod too if somebody wants to have a go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 26d

Can't believe they left an extension cord under there - those guys on the assembly line must have had a few too many beers at lunch or something :unsure: