Electronic Controlled Exhaust Finally Fitted

FastR1Red

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 5m 20d

Yeh I'm looking at putting a sidepipe in cut through the skirt. Just getting everything sorted out at the moment with the electronics, finished that off tonight with the switch next to the handbrake. I put that small bend in to keep the flames away from the box and try to keep it cool. I think I'll put some heat shield next to the box as well.

I don't have a digital video cam so can't put up any vids, but if anyone wants to take footage feel free to PM me. Comparison?? There is none! It's black and white, pretty extreme straight through, and quiet as a mouse normal..LOL. What a sleeper. :LOL

What format video is normally used. Could probably use the phone cam but the sound is awful.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 11d

Although its tuned in closed loop control, it still uses the duty table as a forward feed. Due to the massive restriction difference with the flap op and shut, the PI Controller doesnt catch the boost coming on quick enough, And it overshoots the desired 15psi upto and onwards of 17psi. however "IF" you kept into it(which we are not going to do..), the boost would taper back to the desired boost of 15psi higher in the revs.

• Member For: 21y 6m 21d

It will be good to see the power difference with it open then closed.

Just a suggestion. I have got a seperate wastegate screamer type pipe. I added a small hotdog muffler and pointed the tail end of the pipe directly into the road and it made a hell of a difference in noise when the wastegate vented. To the point you dont hear it. It terminates just under the driver.

I reckon I might do something like you but just add a short hotdog and have a 90deg pipe on the end that points to the ground.

• Member For: 19y 5m 20d
I could just imagine you sitting at the lights next to a hoser in a commo.

he revs his v8 and you hit the switch and rev yours up and he craps himself.

I did that about 5 times last night,,,,,faaarrrk it was funny. You shoulda seen their faces light up. I went to Sandown but was pretty late, got ther abt 12.30 this morning. There were a few there but I didnt recognise anyone. OPened it up at the lights though,

I just need that retune,,,awwww, so I can at least get it on boost.

Man it's funny.