Electronic Controlled Exhaust Finally Fitted

FastR1Red

• Member For: 19y 5m 20d

Finally got around to getting all the bits and fitting the new system.

It's a 3 1/2" stainless Y piece that directs exhaust through the standard system, centre muffler gone etc, however the other side of the Y junction I've installed a 3 1/2" butterfly valve, similar to a throttle body, that at the flick of a switch opens and directs the airflow straight out the dump.

Sounds awesome, way way too loud for the street, but great for track days and a blast up the mountains on a cold winters evening when it's nice and quiet.

Getting a retune this weekend so it should be ready for the next track day.

Big Trev---I'll switch it off when I come up the front straight at Winton so you don't black flag me,,LOL

Here's some pics.

post-6494-1197512437_thumb.jpg

post-6494-1197512487_thumb.jpg

post-6494-1197512511_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 14d

far out, that's pretty cool, did you ever think about the X-Force Varex system, I think this is the same thing - not sure how big it gets though...

Argh,,,I forgot to put that in.

Stainless Y pipe complete $80

3 1/2" butterfly valve complete with stepper motor. $280 delivered.

All flanges/pipes/bends etc plus labour to fit. $120

Me to wire up the electronics FREE.

I tried to get the valve from QTP in the states but they supply to Rocket Ind in Sydney and wouldn't sell direct so for a few extra $$ it was ok.

All up under $500

Yep, getting retuned on next week, but cos I've already done the wastegate porting etc it will only need a faily minor change to drop the duty cycle back a little in case of overboost. It hits 17psi pretty quick when opened.

I'll leave it on the new tune cos with the butterfly closed the boost will be lower, maybe down to 12-13psi or so which is quite ok. Back under the 300kw mark, but open butterfly will be 14-15psi and back over 300 anyway.

We'll find out next week.

Edited by FastR1Red

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

what intake are you running R1? if your car is running under 300kw at 13-14psi, shouldn't you look at freeing up the intake to match the exhaust - generally the T's are running 12-13psi to get a bit over 300rwkw

Love the exhaust though, very Q division!

Hey senna, it has the hyperflow IC with the stage 2 piping. Flows pretty well and keeps cool. I'm running about 15psi to get over 300, but 13 gives me 290. That I don't mind on the street, but as long as I get 310-320 for the track that's fine. The tyres and suspension are having a difficult time handling that on the track anyway, even when I use the RE55's the shocks are at their limit.

I need more $$ for the DMS suspension, maybe in the new year??

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members

ahh, ok, gotta love those new year tuning resolutions!

Well, headsex obviously knows his stuff, so I'm sure the tune will be good when its done!

Yeh the tunes perfect. I got him to tune it real gradual with smooth power delivery, very different to a drag tune, so the power is actually a little lower than it could be. But for my style of driving on the track, it's how I like it. headsex said we could get a lot more out of it but the characteristics are quite different.

My original tunes from coughHPFcough put me in some pretty awkward situations on the track, plus they were way down on the headsex tunes.

I can't wait for Winton....even Eastern Creek is tops.