Got My F6 Cooler ? Safe To Fit ?

jbute

• Member For: 17y 8m 5d

Just got my F6 Typhoon cooler, I read that you can put them straight on a BF XR6T without a custom tune & over boosting problems,Is this safe to do ?

I'm waiting on my C&V generic box & K&N filter, I'm going to get dyno time & to check my AFR to make sure that they a safe to run (Being C&V's they should be sweet!)

Should I wait till I go on holidays & get my custom tune at Elite before fitting the phoon intercooler?

Your help is appreciated

• Member For: 19y 3m 2d

I fitted a phoon cooler on mine a few months before a tune and I had no problems with overboosting. Have the cooler fitted before you do a custom tune, cause the phoon one is bigger than the standard.

hope this helps

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 9m 25d

You should be alright mate. As mentioned above make sure you fit th ecooler before getting a tune as you will be just spendingmore money on tunes if you don't

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bluprinturbo
  • Guests

ive heard various comments on the fitment of aftermarket coolers from safe to fit no tune to fit without tune and youll go bang.give paul a ring at elite for his advice.I dont think an f6 cooler would cause any problems whatsoever but if it were me id fit it just before custom tune.by the way excellent decision to go with elite with your custom tune mate.

• Member For: 18y 6m 26d

When I fitted mine (before the PW cooler) I drove around with it without a tune for ages. Then when I put it on the dyno albeit with a typhoon style CAI it leaned out and they had to abort the run.

I'd get it on there just to be safe.