Stock Dyno, Is This Correct!

hamnzf6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 1d
Comments please… 277rwkw seems a lot for a stock phoon!

I did do a track day recently and was pulling away from a GTS on the straights and kept up with a supercharged R8….

Maybe cheap from China dyno it is?

Read the instructions that came with it and you may find that there is no mention of kilowatt. They may be using the lesser known, and lesser rated "killerwatts".

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 17y 1m 7d

For starters torque figures at the wheels mean nothing, its simply tractive effort ie torque at the engine multiplied by the leverage advantage, geabox,length of the driveshaft, diff ratios & tyre size.

As for power that's pretty damn high, but given its not on a dyno dynamics dyno its hard to compare, theres also no indicators of inlet temps which could artificially inflate readings.

Easy way to check find the nearest drag strip, theres a formula using terminal speed and car weight that gives a good indication of RWHP.

• Member For: 18y 4m 6d

maybe our ausy friends are pissed cause they send all the good cars over here :hohum:

yip booked in on monday for another go, (different dyno)

also had Paul at IPV look at the complete dyno run on disk, he said all looked good, had seen simialr numbers on his dyno on a few phoons..

• Member For: 18y 3m 23d
maybe our ausy friends are pissed cause they send all the good cars over here :hohum:

Dont you guys measure the power as sheep power rather than horsepower or the metric equivalent Killer wasps,

could explaing the high figure :tonguepoke

:)

Edited by ratter

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 26d

That is a very high figure for a F6, compared to what we have seen on dd, mainline and dynapack dynos.

Looks like it's about 30-40rwkw higher than normal (in Australia). Must see boost levels, as it could be overboosting..

Are you running with a cat installed?

Ask your tuner to use DIN correction not SAE, and I'd expect to see a lower figure, and something more like I'd expect to see.

Although the diff states 4.1, whereas actually it is 3.73, that will not impact power figures.

Ask your tuner to print the tcf value on the sheet, just to confirm that he is not using a factor other than 1.

Is this an auto or manual?

Brian

• BACK SLOWER THEN EVER!
  • Member For: 17y 2m 16d
"His dyno bolted onto the wheel hubs rather than the rolling road type..."

Don't they read higher than rollers??

Only when the wheels loose traction on the rollers.

should be +/- 1-5rwkws on stockers or lightly moded cars..

Ozzie

• Member For: 18y 4m 6d
That is a very high figure for a F6, compared to what we have seen on dd, mainline and dynapack dynos.

Looks like it's about 30-40rwkw higher than normal (in Australia). Must see boost levels, as it could be overboosting..

Are you running with a cat installed?

Ask your tuner to use DIN correction not SAE, and I'd expect to see a lower figure, and something more like I'd expect to see.

Although the diff states 4.1, whereas actually it is 3.73, that will not impact power figures.

Ask your tuner to print the tcf value on the sheet, just to confirm that he is not using a factor other than 1.

Is this an auto or manual?

Brian

Its booked in for another run on monday so will pass all this on and report back. (its an auto)