Lost Logbook, Now Extended Warranty Useless

chad_22

• Member For: 17y 7m 11d
As I said you fricking moron, unless your gonna help dont post anything smart arse!!! arnt you a legend.. im sure youv never lost anything before. A watch, a phone, a wallet a logbook your virginity whats the difference!

Who lit the fuse on your Tampon???

You did ask a question in your first post I was just replying to that.

Extended warranty's are a load of :biggrin: anyways.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 2d
Who lit the fuse on your Tampon???

You did ask a question in your first post I was just replying to that.

Extended warranty's are a load of :hohum: anyways.

Just edit it and smile :hohum:

Edited by NATHOON

• Member For: 18y 4m 15d

Thanks to all those that tried to help and apologies for anyone I offended but as you can understand I was stressing a bit at the time.

Its all sorted now.

The original problem was that ford knew my extended warranty was there but without proof of a service history which is what I couldnt track down they wanted to cancel the warranty.

I wrote a leter directly to ford and a copy of my ultra tune service which proved 2 services and they agreed to allow the warranty to still be valid. phew.. I think the fact that I mentioned theyd done work on the car before under warranty without checking the logbooks probably helped as well.

Just means without the logbook now I have to wait every time I have work done for it to be approved by ford which can take a week or so.

• Member For: 17y 6m 11d
:bangcomputer: Left it on top of a council toll machine while I was paying in the pouring rain. :stupid:

Hah!

I once bought some Krispy Kreme doughnuts on a Sydney to Brisbane flight and when I went to the parking station at the airport some guy needed help working out the machine. So I put the parcel on top of the pay machine, helped him, paid my parking and then left without picking up the parcel!

Got home - obviously no doughnuts! Wife wasn't impressed.

Cheers

Dan

• 1 year later...
  • Enforcer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 12d
Helpful comments only please.

Hey Chad, I ordered a new log/ service book from ford for my BF ($96.00) and metro ford looked on the computer and pulled up the service records and re-stamped and signed/ dated full records.

Metro also printed buyer info and first registered owner detail sticker for inside front cover, Gave me a cupper, some bickies, some choclates and watch the melbourne cup while I was waiting... :stupid:

• Member For: 16y 6d

I'm selling my Focus at the moment. I went to pull out the Log Book to prove that I had always had it regularly serviced. Guess what? The dealer NEVER stamped the book! The only stamp was from my friendly local workshop who I've been using the last year and a half. If I had an extended warranty I would be even more pissed off....

Lucky I kept the receipts though! Lesson: ALWAYS check the book after every service and make sure it was stamped!