Lost Logbook, Now Extended Warranty Useless

chad_22

• Member For: 18y 4m 16d

Hey guys.

The other day I realised I had lost my logbook and extended warranty book for my 2003 xr6 turbo.

The car had an extended warranty till 2009 purchased by the previous owner which I transfered to my name. I am the third owner. On taking my car to ford to get a problem with the alarm fixed I was told that without proof of ford services over its life they cannot work on my car under the warranty. There is no one ford database that stores all services on the car as iv found as each dealer has its own database. I remember the car was stamped for every service in the book by ford and I had it serviced at ultra tune for its 75000km which was its last service and the only one I have performed as iv had the car only 9 months. I have no idea which ford dealership the car has been serviced in the past and iv tried ringing around but cant find any records apart from the 60000km service. In the past I have had warranty work done on the car with no issue so ford were happy with the car at that point. So now I have been sent a letter stating my new car warranty is voided. This seems ridiculous!

Has anyone had a similar problem? I know im a goose for losing my logbooks but this must happen often.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 14d

if you can figure out what company the extended warranty was done through - ie Ford Credit, Allianz etc - an agent of that company could pull up the history of the car

• Member For: 18y 4m 16d
Nah I think you are on your own with this one.

As I said you fricking moron, unless your gonna help dont post anything smart arse!!! arnt you a legend.. im sure youv never lost anything before. A watch, a phone, a wallet a logbook your virginity whats the difference!

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 11m 8d

How do you loose the log book.....

Helpful comments only please.

How do you loose the log book.....

Helpful comments only please.

Ok Ok.... :spoton:

It may be helpful in making you remember how you lost the friggin thing in the first place....