Wrx Vs Xr6t

XXXRTURBO

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 1m 2d

a topic real close to my heart.

I would prefer a wrx over a boosted ford anyday. stock vs stock or modified vs modified. no comparision really.

a well sorted wrx/sti will run rings around a xr/f6 on any road in all kinds of weather. the big falcon's only saving grace, is its big comfortable gt tourer nature which allows it to eat the kms with ease meanwhile the little wrx is a point and click kind of weapon.

apart from from developing my trick typhoon I also own two very special subaru's.

mini-franzonline-motorvation06-s-4.jpg

S201_3.jpg

one that's more a v8 supercar than a wrx and the other one of only 300 made factory special sti's believed to be the only one in australia.

at the end of the day, given the choice, I prefer to drive the sti for all out driver thrills as its the most rewarding and fun car I have ever owned.

• Go Pies!!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 4d

going from a Suby GT (2lt 16psi) - Manual (brand new) / to the F6 ZF Auto (brand new) RSpec...

Some days I do miss the little extra cornering speed I had in the GT... Even though it was basically stock it was a cool little car... 0-100 F6 has a little more pull, and feels like more of a beast in a straight line, however the GT cornered like a go kart and I miss that... Even with the RSpec gear under the F6... Guess I'm lucky we have the ST Focus (XR5) for the days I really consider buying another Suby... not quite the same, but a good trade off!

Two totally different rides, and therefore I dont really know if its a fair thing to compare the two, to begin with???

WRX v's ST, and there is a fairer fight I believe!

WRX Sti v's RS, fair fight!

ST V's Maz3MPS, Fair Fight!

XR6/F6 v's Craparode, fair fight!

XR6/F6 v's any larger 4 seater and your getting closer to what I would consider fair...

For the $$$ the XR6/F6 is a quick BIG car!!! Simple, not to mention it will keep up with or even pass far higher priced imports!

Still say good job FPV... now just make it even better and more reliable! :beerchug:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5m 7d
Stock rexes are donkeys.Over rated

haha and you reckon an XR6T is a great feat of engineering..... Oil leaks, windows not working, lights not working etc etc Typical ford build quality (and I've owned EA, XF etc and I really like ford). Not bad in a car under 30K kms old. My 9 year old WRX NEVER had an issues and that was thrashed harder than a red headed step son.

WRXRW FTW!!

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 13d
haha and you reckon an XR6T is a great feat of engineering..... Oil leaks, windows not working, lights not working etc etc Typical ford build quality (and I've owned EA, XF etc and I really like ford). Not bad in a car under 30K kms old. My 9 year old WRX NEVER had an issues and that was thrashed harder than a red headed step son.

WRXRW FTW!!

What ever makes you sleep better............

Leaky rockercover gaskets,glass gearbox,sh*t house driveline shunt,lack of torque and sh*thouse fuel economy.How do I know?

Had 2 of them. 97+02 bugeye.

I ran my XR6T sedan with 300rwkw with 100k to have a handbrake adjusted twice and rebuilt my auto for longevity.

Like I said there over rated donkeys.