Sway Bars

EXR6T

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 2d
Would really start to give u some serious understeer

No understeer on my ute. The bigger front bar and installation of the rear bar turn my ute from a walloy pig into a car thats very nimble and nice to drive.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 12d

Aaaah ! ... the handling dilema.

A sway bar modification will in most cases reduce the amount of body roll while cornering but will not necessarily improve the overall handling.

A balance of sway bar and shock setup will make a huge difference to these cars. The key word being "Balance".

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 2d

Agreed, thats why i also lowered my ute 15mm at the front and 20mm at the rear, fitted lovells front springs and a set of koni reds. I can actually put power down in corners now and not break traction as soon as i have any more the 2 to 3 psi on of boost on tap.

• Donating Members

Sounds like fun !!

At the end of the day it is about how the car feels for you.

These cars where really never designed to be race cars they are family movers ... so we have to be realistic about our expectations on handling mods.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 9d

The T generaly feels OK in corners (by my standards) but the problem is when you hook it from left to right, or the other way. It needs few moments to get up straight and then lean to the other side and then it's OK again. It's only lasts a second or so but it gets fu*cking scary sometimes especially in traffic and this is where sway bars should help, I hope they do anyway, I'll see in few weeks.

• Donating Members

I'd be happy to give the guys from Sydney a drive of my car so that you can feel the Tein setup. It's very streetable yet you can put the power down in a straight line and is a major improvement around corners.

Tunehouse has spent quite a bit of time on the setup and I think it is a good overall package. It's not just about installing the Tein springs and shocks but also the actual setup, corner weights & heights, wheel alignment etc...

I was lucky enough to drive BCL's (monster F6) car recently and it has the same Tein setup as mine but without the sway bars. The car feels very neutral on the road and is very well behaved under power.