Sway Bars

EXR6T

• Member For: 17y 1m 8d

I hear this is a good upgrade to improve handling of the xr6t's?

how much would a good set normally cost to get fitted by a mechanic?

theres alot of corners where I live so is it worth getting them for the increase in handling?

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 20d

do a search in the handeling forum. Iconic Bionic and seventytwo have had them done. I know Iconic loves his

• Member For: 17y 9m 2d

Go to Whiteline Website, I bought mine directly off the website and had them fitted by midas for $50. Pedders and a couple of other suspension places wanted $200 just to fit them. I would of done it myself, just didn't have the clearance with it being lowered and couldn't be bothered stuffing around with stands. It did make a fair bit of difference when driving, car handled corners a lot better, ass end still slid out heaps thanks to an xtreme tune. Wish I didn't sell it.

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 18d

It does make a big difference, but the set up is a personal choice.

I think a good set of shocks/dampers makes even more of a difference, swaybars only work in the corners, dampers work all the time.

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 6d
do a search in the handeling forum. Iconic Bionic and seventytwo have had them done. I know Iconic loves his

Yes I do. One of the better mods for your buck that's going. Some ppl just do the front and not the rear and I did that first up but wacked on the rear soon after and it made all the difference.

Too often we go all out on speed and pace of these cars but it is well worthwhile doing these other mods to balance the car into a good driving car as well.

I agree with get them direct from Whiteline and try and have them fitted properly. Anything over $400 is a bit steep.

They come with a silver coating and painted over them black so when it goes into Ford they cant tell the difference.

I.B.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 3d

I got an adjustable rear one, and it is a great mod. easy to fit yourself with some ramps and my adjustable one cost ~$265 delivered iirc from the whiteline website.

cant have only a rear one and have it on the stiffest setting though, as in tight turns with the weight to the front you will lift a rear wheel. on the softer setting the front feels alot more positive, especially on faster corners.

Edited by XR06T

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 20y 4m 6d
I got an adjustable rear one, and it is a great mod. easy to fit yourself with some ramps and my adjustable one cost ~$265 delivered iirc from the whiteline website.

cant have only a rear one and have it on the stiffest setting though, as in tight turns with the weight to the front you will lift a rear wheel. on the softer setting the front feels alot more positive, especially on faster corners.

One of the simplest and cheapest initial handling mods that you can undertake.

Only benefit is on corners (roundabouts!!) but it gives the impression that the car has shrunk a little with a good one fitted on the front.

THe rear is best left alone in order to keep the wheels in contact but put the biggest Whiteline on the front you can source - 31mm(?) I think is the fatest.

From there, shox and springs can follow as a complimentary series of mods.

Dingah

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 2d

I fitted a 31mm front bar to my ute and a 22mm(? memories a bit hazy) rear bar and it is imho the single best mod you can do to these cars. As Dingah said it makes the car feel smaller, lighter and much more nimble i can't comment on lifting the rear inside wheel as the utes dont do this but be aware that the stiffer bars will induce over steer.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 29d

I thought the general feeling was the 31mm bar is to big and the 27mm bar is the better option?