Just That Little More Oomph

justblowinin

• Member For: 16y 10m 5d

Hey guys,

Newby here to the world of XRTurbo. Ive got a BA 03 running approx 250RWKW, (hey its the little ladies shopping trolley) but Im lost as to trying to get a little bit more launch out of it, basically it feels like the mail man will outrun me of the line. once your away its fine, but its just the initial takeoff, anyone got any ideas that wont bust the gearbox?

Cheers

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 4m 22d

as one members had on their sig turbo lag is designed to let v8's think they have a chance

other than that stall convertor for trans might help

if it's manual rev it harder

Edited by our06t

• Member For: 16y 10m 5d
:spoton: Mines auto, I spool it up to 2k then take foot off the brake.

Yeh sorry guys , forgot the all important gearbox type. its an auto.

I have played around with trying to spool it up whilst on the brake, but the dear old thing wont go over about 2k, seems the breaks overpower the engine easily off boost. Or there is something in the program that wont let you get the engine to try and overpower the brakes.

Such a shame, cause the engine responds very nicely once your running, but I miss that smack out of the hole.

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 16d

EDIT + Hi stall speed torque converter - mine is "2,800" but actually having only had a few days I have a feeling it will easily hold 3,000....need time to work it out.

"Oh what a feeling" :spoton:

Don't even need to bother with the brake business for 'normal' eating of other vehicles, it just goes with a 'no lag' feel.

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 4m 22d
Yeh sorry guys , forgot the all important gearbox type. its an auto.

I have played around with trying to spool it up whilst on the brake, but the dear old thing wont go over about 2k, seems the breaks overpower the engine easily off boost. Or there is something in the program that wont let you get the engine to try and overpower the brakes.

Such a shame, cause the engine responds very nicely once your running, but I miss that smack out of the hole.

make sure tracton control is off then do it

I did the odd line lock b4 I had it tuned no dramas with engine overpowering brakes

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 27d

if you sink your foot with the brake pedal pushed in the engine should have no trouble overpowering the brakes!!

you got problems if it wont light the tyres! gotta hold it just below that point of no traction and it should get out of the hole better. perhaps your tune needs a little more boost a little earlier?