Turbo Servicing

fateddie

• Member For: 16y 10m 24d

I have just bought an XR6T and am loving it, but now need to make sure I look after it. I was wondering if I can take it to a regular mechanic, or does it have to go somewhere special? Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in Melbourne

Edited by fateddie

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Firstly :stupid:

The factory says every 15000k's but most people service their cars every 5-7000.

There is a few people on this site (including me) that get their cars serviced at Binks in Footscray.

Regards

TUFXRT6 :gfight:

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d
I have just bought an XR6T and am loving it, but now need to make sure I look after it. I was wondering if I can take it to a regular mechanic, or does it have to go somewhere special? Can anyone recommend a good mechanic in Melbourne

Anywhere but Ford.

But more seriously if you dont know anyone and are somewhat cautius about reccomendations as we all try to look after our mates, I would suggest NRMA/RACV service centres for peace of mind. Alos the other green mob that I cant remember. And in green I mean that's there advertisement colour.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 7d

For servicing, I know a very good and above all, honest mechanic in Cheltenham if your in the S.E burbs. MAP Automotive, Arnold Street. Ask for Michael. I have been using him for the last 10+ years. You find one like that, you dont go anywhere else...