Central Qld

12FEAR

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

yea the wrx has straight cut gears, makes 220kw at all four on a mild tune, a retune should see about 300 at the wheels apparently??? I got no idea but I guess that would get it fairly well moving. And serious matty $2200 from bilo ford that's not bad, suprised they have done something right, maybe I should push mine harder too haha :buttrock:

• Member For: 17y 8m 13d

Hi Matt,

Good to see your looking to the future. $2200 for a second hand BF motor, but to keep it in prospective there was a BF II Turbo Motor complete with Turbo, Manifolds and wiring loom for $4750. Which has only traveled 1800K's, his car was rear ended and written off. If the short motor is brand new, for that price it didn't come from Ford, it must have been rebuilt and then you need to get a parts list to see what was put in it. I can vouch for the Atomic motors, they are worth every penny and you wont be disapointed.

There is no difference between a BF Tornado, Typhoon or XR6 Turbo motor in that model. So don't let people talk up the F6 versions.

TK

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 18d

yea matt and I both got the bf mk1 :( so didnt get the f6 bottom end but yea if I was gonna do a new motor I would for sure go atomic I dont think I would bother with a f6, if your gonna do somethin do it right the first time. But I dont see that happing in the short term for me apprentice wages aint so good

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 12d

Tony, what would you charge to supply and fit an "atomic bulletproof bottom end kit", I've found them on their website, but can't get a price, and have no idea about fitting.

• Member For: 16y 4m 6d

if ya need tonys shop details just pm me and I will send them to ya and hopefully not upset any mods on here. I wont be able to check my account this weekend though as I will be in Mackay with tony and the ford club but will check again sunday night when I get home

Edited by bionic turbo

• Member For: 16y 4m 6d

mines a bit of all sorts, started off as a mal wood option 3 clutch which was awesome but the ppl who put it in didn't do it right so it wore out in like 4 months so then I rang NPC and got them to upgrade what needed fixing cause mal was annoying me nothing personal against him though :)

Edited by bionic turbo