Central Qld

12FEAR

• Member For: 15y 6m 12d

hi everyone hope you all had a great chissy and new years

dose anyone know when the first test and tune is on at benaraby

As far as I'm aware its on the 29th of January, but I'm jsut waiting on confirmation. Apparantly there needs to be alot of work at the track befor racing starts because of all the rain washing crap onto the bottom end of the track.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 12d

The first test adn tune for the year os teh 19th feb, with the meet the next day. Who's coming

If my motor is built, tuned, and run in by then, for sure! (if I'm not divorced when she see's the cost of the work, lol)

Edited by mattyb

• Member For: 16y 1m 29d

I doubt I will be there. will def be running when my car is goin again. keep an eye out for a blue turbo ute with t51r and full plazmamann setup. has been in the build a while and hopefully not too far away now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 12d

Okay Guys and Gals, here it is...

May 1st 2nd and 3rd this year they are having the All Ford Affair here in Emerald again! I've contacted the people in charge and they said that they have had a pretty LAME turn out of turbo 6's in the past. The organisers were blown away when I mentioned that my car only turned out 360rwkw as a daily driver and that we might be able to get some cars that pump into the 400's there, "360 at the wheels, hang on, don't you mean horsepower?". I know Cam has his new atomic motor and his car is a nice clean example of a Tornado, Gregs BA is one of the cleanest examples I've seen, not many showroom condition BA's around like his (and if ya wanna see his turbo XT Falcon I'm tryin to get him to take that too!) And me, well I might leave the baby seats in it to prove a 480-500atw horsepower car can be a daily driver pmsl!

It’s not a judged car show – it is a display of Ford vehicles; anything from an early Ford tractor to the latest model car and everything in-between. It’s a gathering of Ford enthusiasts, a chance to show off your pride and joy, whether it’s the old farm runabout, your daily car, or even that show vehicle in tip-top condition. Everyone is welcome! It’s a chance to meet new people with a common interest; put faces to names or catch up with old friends.

The weekend begins on Saturday with guided cruises arranged to some of our local attractions for those wishing to participate. Saturday night there will be a meet & greet BBQ. Come along and get to know your fellow Ford lovers!

Sunday is our display at Newhaven Ford, featuring some special displays, merchandise, food and drink stalls and hopefully some special guests. After the display, cruise to the Fairbairn Dam at your own leisure; you can sit back and relax in the parkland setting, enjoy an ice-cream or just have a chat with others. Sunday night is our official dinner (not too official though!) a chance to have a drink or two and unwind.

Monday morning a farewell brekkie is planned, you can have a feed and say your goodbyes before you head off home.

Pm me your e-mail address if you are interested!!! And I'll shoot you all through the required forms to fill in.

If the Mods are cool with it I'll list our 'group' as 'fordxr6turbo.com'

Mods please confim.

Cheers guys, don't leave me out there as the only xr6t...

Edited by mattyb

• Member For: 15y 6m 12d

Hey Matt. I'm already all booked in but I haven't specified what car we'll be taking yet. We were probably going to take our LTD, but have thought that if there's going to be a designated group of xr6t's we might bring ours too. So you can put me down if this officially goes ahead.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 6m 1d

By all means go for it Matty...as long as there's no forum banner hanging from the back of your vehicle while laying rubber down the main street or anything!