Bye Bye Spoiler

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 18y 4m 21d
:sick: No spoiler looks crap on XRs and FPVs.

De spoilering is a pet hate of mine, why do you want your car to look even more like a XT?

I know, why not really finish off the taxi look by adding the bootlid taxi advertising signage!

Those doing it do it with little or no thought as to what cars are best suited to the no spoiler look. They seem to do it simply because it's trendy at the moment. The body kits are designed to include a spoiler, removing it just makes the car look asthetically unbalanced.

WINGS ARE FOR RICE BURNERS, the only reason they put wings on cars these day's are because dumb fcks think "oh its got a wing it must be sporty or it helps perform better", which they dont its a road car the dont test the aero dinamics of a XR falcon in a wind tunnel and say sh*t its sarting to lose traction better put a wing on, its a markEting scam.

And plus taxi down here do have wings.

And whatS with if you take the wing off it looks like an xt??? what the xr kit, rims interior,head lights dont set it apart from an xt.

GO BACK TO YA STOCKER AND SHUT UP :spoton::blink:

Edited by YPURV4

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 30d

Dead right, XR's look so much better with out em. Why do you think the GT's have such big wings, so they look "more sporty" and "have more downforce". It's horsesh*t, unless your doing over 300 I don't see the wings doing anything at all and even then I doubt it.

On an EVO or STI it's a must but not on an Aussie four door.

Edited by Dagabond

• Member For: 17y 7m 29d

that looks awsome man!

I want to do that to mine, but I want to find a force6 spoiler...the little lip!

I reckon they look unreal! bahh

but anyways looks very neat I like :D

:spoton:

• Member For: 17y 1m 28d

still think it looks crap after all the other pics I like the colour of YPURV4's car and the rims but I personaly prefer spoilers just for aesthetics.

the rear end looks like a XT with out the wing

• Member For: 18y 21d
WINGS ARE FOR RICE BURNERS, the only reason they put wings on cars these day's are because dumb fcks think "oh its got a wing it must be sporty or it helps perform better", which they dont its a road car the dont test the aero dinamics of a XR falcon in a wind tunnel and say sh*t its sarting to lose traction better put a wing on, its a markEting scam.

And plus taxi down here do have wings.

And whatS with if you take the wing off it looks like an xt??? what the xr kit, rims interior,head lights dont set it apart from an xt.

GO BACK TO YA STOCKER AND SHUT UP :pinch::nyyaah:

You need to go back and read my thread.

I said nothing about aerodynamics (nor did anyone else). I expressed my opinion and offered the reasons why I don't like it on XRs and FPVs. You on the other hand have just demonstrated a drone like support for a popularist view by throwing around insults. :stirthepot:

I feel that with the body kits left as is on XRs and FPVs, the cars look unbalanced and unfinished.

Manufacturers put the spoilers on because the designers understand a need to balance the asthetics of the body kits added, which are done to differentiate the various models all built on the same bodies. It's a little more complex than your suggestion of trying to trick "dumb fcks"

If you need someone else's opinion for modifications you want to do to your car, then you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Customising should be done to what suits the owner, not what other people think, utherwise you end up with a car that looks like all of the others instead of a unique expression of individuality. Despoilering can only make the car look like the majority, while changing the spoiler to something different opens things up to an unlimited range on 'unique look' opportunities.

By the way, most of the Falcon range now come with the XR body kits and no spoiler, so your external differences are down to rims (which most despoilered cars seem to change anyway) and headlights (which the majority wouldn't notice as the spoiler, or lack of, is at the back of the car), as for the interior, no one sees that from the outside.

Finally, your feeble attempt at insulting me with "stocker" :crybaby:, has effectively put down those who remove their spoilers to acheive the 'sleeper look'. Nothing looks more 'sleeper' than a "stocker". :blink:

• THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 17d

I feel that with the body kits left as is on XRs and FPVs, the cars look unbalanced and unfinished.

I totally agree with you there mate. I also think it looks kinda incomplete aswell. If you add a bob tail like TURBOXR has done, it looks quite good, but without it, the T really looks confused. :nod: Sorry but that's IMHO.

This De-Spoilering seems to be pretty popular ATM but its sad cause apart from the rear bar it give's away the XR look from behind and from a distance you'd think its a XT. :blink: (Not to mention De-Badging also confuses it even further). :buttonit:

I had experienced this on my way to the Nizpro Dyno Day a few weeks back and believe me, it wasnt a great feelingl!! YPURV4 said himself they can even look like a VT Calais when De-spoilered and really as a Ford fan, that's the last thing I wanna hear. A BA looking like a Crappadore! :biggrin:

Manufacturers put the spoilers on because the designers understand a need to balance the asthetics of the body kits added, which are done to differentiate the various models all built on the same bodies. It's a little more complex than your suggestion of trying to trick "dumb fcks"

:ielh:

Finally, your feeble attempt at insulting me with "stocker" :pinch:, has effectively put down those who remove their spoilers to acheive the 'sleeper look'. Nothing looks more 'sleeper' than a "stocker".

You have a point there. :spoton:

Besides looking like a XT from behind, I think it's also representing the MARIO look. I can understand if your wanting it to look like a GT or F6 tranny (Like Myself), but why a XT tranny??? You would in MOST CASES want your car to look more valuable like an F6 or GT rather than a valueless XT?? lol

Like you said, each to their own, and if ppl are happy to despoiler their cars, then so be it. :boff:

I think its more a trendy thing for the younger guys ATM. I could be wrong, but that's the way it seems to be.

This is gonna flare up, better if we have a poll and see what ppl's opinions are on this......

just my 2 cents...............

San.

Edited by EXR2DY4

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 18y 4m 21d

I said nothing about aerodynamics (nor did anyone else). I expressed my opinion and offered the reasons why I don't like it on XRs and FPVs. You on the other hand have just demonstrated a drone like support for a popularist view by throwing around insults. :biggrin:

If you need someone else's opinion for modifications you want to do to your car, then you are doing it for the wrong reasons. Customising should be done to what suits the owner, not what other people think, utherwise you end up with a car that looks like all of the others instead of a unique expression of individuality. Despoilering can only make the car look like the majority, while changing the spoiler to something different opens things up to an unlimited range on 'unique look' opportunities.

By the way, most of the Falcon range now come with the XR body kits and no spoiler, so your external differences are down to rims (which most despoilered cars seem to change anyway) and headlights (which the majority wouldn't notice as the spoiler, or lack of, is at the back of the car), as for the interior, no one sees that from the outside.

Finally, your feeble attempt at insulting me with "stocker" :blink:, has effectively put down those who remove their spoilers to acheive the 'sleeper look'. Nothing looks more 'sleeper' than a "stocker". :buttonit:

:pinch::nod::spoton:

OMG relax mate I was just stiring no need to get all teary. :ielh:

cant you tell buy my car im not after the sleeper look :boff: far from actually.

I hope you feel better now.

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 10m 16d

LOL this is turning into a fairly heated argument, sweet!

I will eventually get the GT/Force body kit to complete the look but for now I'll probably just hunt down an XT boot with a lip spoiler.