Any Differences: Btr 4spd In Ba Flacon - 6cyl N/a Vs Turbo

Power

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 16d

No matter where I ask, I cannot seem to get a definitive answer on this one (including here I think a while back) - if any reply at all.

BTR 4 spd, 97LE?, in BA MKII XR6 Turbo vs. any N/A Falcon BA 6cyl

I'm told there are only tuning differences (Simon at Nizpro) I.e. assume changing the Ford PCM parameters (e.g. via SCT [Capa] - EDIT) - I.e. they are mechanically, electrically, and physically THE SAME in EVERY respect.

Yet, I've been told there are solenoid differences?

Others also say Kevlar bands in both or only in Turbo, some say this was never true once they inspected the boxes <sigh>?

Are there any differences, pump, clutches, band materials, electrical, wiring....anything?

Cheers.

No matter where I ask, I cannot seem to get a definitive answer on this one (including here I think a while back) - if any reply at all.

BTR 4 spd, 97LE?, in BA MKII XR6 Turbo vs. any N/A Falcon BA 6cyl

I'm told there are only tuning differences (Simon at Nizpro) I.e. assume changing the Ford PCM parameters (e.g. via SCT [Capa] - EDIT) - I.e. they are mechanically, electrically, and physically THE SAME in EVERY respect.

Yet, I've been told there are solenoid differences?

Others also say Kevlar bands in both or only in Turbo, some say this was never true once they inspected the boxes <sigh>?

Are there any differences, pump, clutches, band materials, electrical, wiring....anything?

Cheers.

you've been told wrong!!!

list too long to mention!

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 16d
you've been told wrong!!!

list too long to mention!

Thanks DW. Guess that says it all.

PS - Still doing Auto changeovers (damaged planetaries here, but drives OK - ha ha - for now)?

Reason for my original question was a view to a spare box for minimising downtime when new box is being built, and then as a spare for any time in the future...in case the rebuilt starts to go....and on it goes, eh?

Edited by Power