Auto Rebuild

XR6Turbo22

• Member For: 20y 6m 17d
all fixed, had an issue with a pump. Car feels great now, very strong and shifts are very firm.

Good to hear.

They've rebuilt my ZF and it's handled 412rwkw at the races no probs and 370kw daily without fault.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 9m 7d
Good to hear.

They've rebuilt my ZF and it's handled 412rwkw at the races no probs and 370kw daily without fault.

Muz - apart from the track how is it day to day driving.....good manners?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 6d
don't know what people are trying to get fromn these boxes I'm just about to do mine and after speakin to the honest people they will tell you their isn't much you can do to the 4spd yet exept put some reasonable clutch packs in put it together properly and tune the car to suit at the end of the day till someone starts making aftermarkt planetaries and the like 300rwkw will still push these boxes to their limit

My 4sp has survived 7 runs down the quarter and a bit of hard punishment on the street (just a little) The box feels as strong as the day it was put in.

1st run with the new rebuild and stallie led to the 10.8s pass with about 375 rwkw and a mountain of torque.

There is plenty that can be done to strengthen and improve these boxes.

• Member For: 20y 6m 17d
Muz - apart from the track how is it day to day driving.....good manners?

I've done about 5k of driving with the new box now and it's feeling real good. The downshifts are much improved with only a slight bump on the downchange crawling to the lights. I can't be happier with how it's turned out.

• Member For: 18y 9m 5d

I've had my box built by Protrans in Sydney. Was told it would cope with 350rwkws. So far it has sat in my tuners shop (sorting out other issues) for about 3 months. I finally get the car back and have it on the road for a few days, start her up to leave work and she wouldn't engage any gear. After about 10mins of trying it finally thuds into reverse and makes a terrible terrible sound. On a tilt tray yet again!

Now I'm waiting for Protrans to look at it..... But you guessed it, I had three months warranty with the box. Hopefully he looks after me. My tuner has rang him to let him know that it has legitimately been sitting in his shop for ages.

Ps While diagnosing the issues on the dyno it spun up 349 and 360ish rwkws but due to some boost issues and me wanting to put some kms on it, the tune (for those few short days) was somewhere between 320 and 340rwkws.

• Member For: 18y 9m 7d
I've done about 5k of driving with the new box now and it's feeling real good. The downshifts are much improved with only a slight bump on the downchange crawling to the lights. I can't be happier with how it's turned out.

Thanks mate, its good to know we finally have a ZF rebuilder

• Member For: 21y 5m 3d
My 4sp has survived 7 runs down the quarter and a bit of hard punishment on the street (just a little) The box feels as strong as the day it was put in.

1st run with the new rebuild and stallie led to the 10.8s pass with about 375 rwkw and a mountain of torque.

There is plenty that can be done to strengthen and improve these boxes.

who built yours jp?

• The 'nice guy'
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 16d
I've had my box built by Protrans in Sydney. Was told it would cope with 350rwkws. So far it has sat in my tuners shop (sorting out other issues) for about 3 months. I finally get the car back and have it on the road for a few days, start her up to leave work and she wouldn't engage any gear. After about 10mins of trying it finally thuds into reverse and makes a terrible terrible sound. On a tilt tray yet again!

Now I'm waiting for Protrans to look at it..... But you guessed it, I had three months warranty with the box. Hopefully he looks after me. My tuner has rang him to let him know that it has legitimately been sitting in his shop for ages.

Ps While diagnosing the issues on the dyno it spun up 349 and 360ish rwkws but due to some boost issues and me wanting to put some kms on it, the tune (for those few short days) was somewhere between 320 and 340rwkws.

Mate.....now you have had the worst experience and downtime I have ever heard of.

Hope it gets better!

• Member For: 18y 8m 22d
Thanks Power.

Before this she was also in the garage for 5 months with pistons hanging out the block while I saved up for the rebuild. Did I get a lemon or what! Once I'm finished she should be sweet! If it ever gets there.........

well my 6 speed trans has had the dick and now is in at ford technology to see if they can make them stronger hope to be back in 3 weeks so I will let your know if they can hold 400 kw at the bags or just sh*t itself