Typhoon Snorkel

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 26d

Got mine from eBay recently, 85 incl postage to perth. Run a search on there if you like, should turn up.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 5d

so I bought the f6 snorkel. I had a quick feel around under the headlight and am I right in thinking this end of the snorkel just hangs there? Or is there a hole for it to squeeze into? The airbox end obviously mounts pretty firmly in there on the ribs but does the other end just sit there?

The picture in post #58 shows the xr8 snorkel wedging into a hole, and this has got me confused...or do I need to spend more than 10 seconds looking?

cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 10m 3d

Was too lazy to cut the box - Just bought the bottom box and snorkel - Fitted this evening - Took me 15 minutes - Drives alot smoother - Will see the difference after a week of driving

• 3 months later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 4d

is this the best mod you can make to the airbox? I found these on ebay is this the bit everyone is meaning and also I tried the link to the instructions to cut out my airbox but the link doesnt work anymore.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FORD-BA-BF-F6-typhoon-secondary-air-intake-snorkle_W0QQitemZ350296134177QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item518f46d221

Edited by Ryan Jeffries

• 2 years later...
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 16d

Fitted lower cai using those measerments,fitted spot on.No worry's fitting third bolt.Thankyou for measerments big help.About 30 minute job.Car is more responsive.I had a slight surge when cold at 65 kmh,gone now.Definately worth it.Keep up the good work guys.Cost $65 plus postage ebay