Typhoon Snorkel

• ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 19d

Not sure if they will or not mate, Honestly never tried before.

Just find a friend of even somebody in your area here that has a dremel you can use for a few hours :thumbsup:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 15y 10m 3d

Just did this last night and took her for a quick spin and its much better havn't got a K&N yet but not sure if I will, does anyone know if there are any high flow dry air filters available for these cars? something like Apexi or something like that?

Cheers for the measurements made things very easy to do and it fitted spot on and even fitting the 3rd bolt was really easy!

Cheers,

Tim

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 7m 19d

Hey guys, just fit one of these on my car this afternoon. Was great to install and looks very factory. My 0-100 times are around 8secs on petrol and about 8.4secs on LPG. :D I am so happy. Big improvement for me. Hopefully I can get more kms out of a full tank as well. Looking forward to grabbing an underdrive soon! :D:D

Thanks for all the help with the measurements and advice guys. Really did help so much.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 7m 24d

done this mod last week. also added a BMC air filter.

Noticed alot less turbo lag and better throttle response

If you dont want to cut the airbox there actuually is a F6 lower airbox that comes pre cut.

a worth while mod.

:thumbsup:

• Member For: 15y 8m 22d

also I read in a few other posts that the xr8 or gt snorkel worked aswell, wel I got the xr8 one cos any joeblow can get one from ford. it acually doesnt fit up to the box correctly as were it meets the box its curved not flat like a typhoon one I ended up useing some urathane rubber glue to smooth/fill in the cap as there was a cap in the middle at the top and botom

it looks ok as I was able to mould the glue by spraying some prepsol on it then smoothing it

so I strongly suggest if your going to do this mod make sure you get a typhoon one. they all look the same just the end that clicks into the airbox is differant

intakefit1.th.jpg

intakefit2.th.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 16y 2m 6d

You guys are ledgends. I got a F6 snorkle from Ford and fitted it up in around 30mins.

I followed the measurments and they are spot on. Thanks for putting the time in to make this heaps easier for all.

I also got a SS Inductions panel filter they have some factory seconds for $50 at the moment if you can get to the factory.

Thanks again for the directions.

Chris