Tune Standard Ecu Or Aftermarket?

Jet4L

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 29d

Haltechs will run the BA-BF fine if you want high power application. More tuning points and more suited to racing applications however edit does the job fine for street use. Autotech have a TT boss running around 600rwkw that uses haltech and does so very well.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 29d
I had a Unichimp and a Haltech in my car. You cannot beat the flash tuner for total control of the car.

Perhaps you needed to get the Unichip tuned by a someone with skill in that regard. APS had their own car running over 500rwkw with the unichip. Autotech's own car ran over 420rwkw on the stock turbo.

• Member For: 17y 26d

well I don't think it really matters now, I put a deposit on the car today... its got a haltech interceptor piggyback, seems to run fine... at least I did not have to pay the $1000 odd price for it. car has a custom tune so I cant really complan with that either.

im not looking at doing massive numbers, just thinking of bigger injectors and exhaust, maybe a better intercooler..... then I'll see how the piggy back goes when it gets re-tuned.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 6m 1d
Perhaps you needed to get the Unichip tuned by a someone with skill in that regard. APS had their own car running over 500rwkw with the unichip. Autotech's own car ran over 420rwkw on the stock turbo.

Always ready to pounce aren't you Goosy :buttrock:

If it's so good I imagine you'd be using it exclusively now? (I.e. no edit) :blink: