Bf F6 Engine

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 4m 28d

only about the same as you, it is quicker burnning, you would have to check it but I think it would jump your figure up just by putting it in your big toly tune.

David

• Member For: 18y 6m 6d
nice... is that stuff like 115 ron or somthing? how much timing did it take at 5000rpm?

Hi Nick,

Fuel was ELF Turbomax rated at 102 octane but is very oxygenated and hence burns very fast giving more ignition timing than normally the case ... also Elf divide the RON + MON to give proper uninflated octane ratings for their fuels!

Hmmm seems Toluene is only good for cleaing paint brushes :surrenderwave:

Justin :buttrock:

• Member For: 17y 8m 24d
Hi Nick,

Fuel was ELF Turbomax rated at 102 octane but is very oxygenated and hence burns very fast giving more ignition timing than normally the case ... also Elf divide the RON + MON to give proper uninflated octane ratings for their fuels!

Hmmm seems Toluene is only good for cleaing paint brushes :surrenderwave:

Justin :buttrock:

maybe, but at least I can afford to run it more often... race fuel is damn expensive! im gonna mix up my own brews soon... bp98 + nitromethane + xylene/toluene... wish dave lived a little closer to tune it for me!

I saw you in ford spare parts about a month ago, I walked in as you were leaving... my missus knows you from your former council days... we will have to properly meet one day!

• Member For: 18y 6m 6d

Hi Nick

Your fuel brew sounds like allota mucking around ... prolly best to just get ELF moto 124 octane drag fuel!

Dave's making me a surge tank so will be back to Mackay soon - once that's fitted I'd like to run my car without the cat and see what the elf turbomax can really do :burnout:

Am happy to meet up anytime

Ciao

• Member For: 17y 8m 24d

yep a bit of mucking around, but I reckon I can mix it up for around half the price of proper race fuel and I reckon it will work everybit as good...

dave may be flying up here to do some tuning next month, ill see if I can do some tests then... and pip your kw`s too! :burnout: