Fuel Filter Change Highly Recomended

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 9d

Mine is impossible to remove without causing big damage.

Just spent an hour trying to get mine off, no luck.

flare nut spanners, Bolt-Off spray and all it wants to do on the rear nut is try round it off. Didnt even budge.

how can I get this done?

A quick bit of heat from the Oxy set will have it loose in no time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 26d

I wonder if people actually think to change the socks on their standard or Walbro 340/341 fuel pumps???? I thnk that this filter is normally forgotten or overlooked...

I recently purchased a spare Walbro pump and 3 extra socks for this reason... The primary filter (socks on the pumps) must also be changed as they are the first point of contact with contaimnants. The inline filter is the secondary filter.... If the primary filter is not replaced the fuel flow will suffer..

I changed my inline filter when the car had 60K on the clock. I was dismayed when I emptied the filter into a container. Judging by the amount of Black Grit ( Due to where I lived, I assumed is coal dust) I was amazed that it even flowed any fuel.... Due to this I decided to remove the fuel pump (Walbro 341) and check it's sock also. It was also heaviy clogged therefore greatly decreasing fuel flow...

I purchased my spare socks for $10 Each from the last group buy. I think that it is a small price to pay for peace of mind...

Whats the part numbers for the in tank sock filter (standard pump) and where can they be purchased from?

Also can one be fitted when installing a GSS340 as the stock filter wont seem to fit it. and if so what part number do people use?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Member For: 11y 10m 11d

just done mine at 43xxxkms

fuel looked ok, but was onto the ground, so maybe, who knows.

the 'out' end just wouldn't stop leaking. have put copious amount of force on it and seems to have stopped for now... will need to keep an eye on it.

(got the old one off easy as, bit of a heave, but really nothing out of the ordinary)

• 4 weeks later...