Callibration Codes

johng

• Member For: 18y 1m 21d

So I took the XR to Ford for it's 30k service (took it to Ford to get the brake recall done etc). I'd flashed it abck to stock several weeks earlier as I'm pretty sure that the valve springs were giving up on the 8lb tune, and I decided to play it safe till I got the $$ to replace them.

Anway, I mentioned it had been running rough, and on the invoice it mentiones that "checked for codes, none stored, carry out calibration update".

Now I'm wondering, will these codes be lost when I next flash the beast, and if so will Ford have recorded this information, I.e will they now be able to tell that it's been flashed ??

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 5d

Yes when you flash the ECU next time it will load your older version back in. Ford now have on record what version they have loaded into your ECU. If you take it back to any Ford dealer for warranty or a service you might as well leave the edit on it now as they will know anyway.

• Member For: 18y 1m 21d

Thanks for the replies. I guess what I wasn't sure on was whether the "callibration code" was the same as a normal code update, or was something that any shop with the right equipment could change, and therefore may not be as permanent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 23d
Can he not flash this new "update" back to his factory position on his flash tuner though?

Not unless a tuner unlocked his box, and reloaded the tunes do it.. In doing so, killing one of its four lifes..

But do you really care? If your honest and upfront with your service dealer about your modifications, he will respect that and wont give you warentee issues with items not assocated with the tune (ie, not engine/transmission/diff. you can kiss driveline warentee goodbye)

danny