Carwash Scratches

tford6

• Member For: 18y 7d
claybar + Zaino + P21S for me !!!!!!!!

once a fortnight carlovers high pressure rinse only to get the dust etc off and roberts ya dads bro

Nice combo..

I have just splurged on a bosh RO, ccs pads, PB's ssr 2.5 & 1.0, PB's Ex-p+ and Pb's Natty's blue and my girlfriend hates it! But damn the paint looks soo deep one you get rid of the scratches

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 19y 6m 1d
I'd seriously suggest you take the car to a good detailer and tell them you want them cut out and not just covered up, that'll depend on how much clear is on the car and how deep they are.

Thanks for the advice mate,

So :spoton: pissed off,I would only go through the carwash because I done my back in again,

they seemed to appear all of a sudden,one week nothing,the next week this f#ckiing mess.

I don't care what it costs to remove them,just want them gone.

:censored: :censored:

• Member For: 19y 6m 1d

Went in town and seen the boys today,

I told them I want the scratches removed,not covered up.

GOOD NEWS

Apparently they are not that bad and they have seen alot worse.

Take the car in on thursday,they need it for about half the day.

A light cut,buff and finish off with a polish,

should set me back about $170..

I will just be happy when they are gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 4m 24d

that's not a bad price for a professional solution to the butchery the auto-wash did. I remeber when I was about 13 and mum's friend took her 2 week old car through an auto car wash and it left heaps of little scratches and dents in it. Since then I knew never to take a car through those auto-washers.

I used to go to the manual washing places but I wash the brushes first. Now I have a bucket at home with a big sponge, an old sock, 2 chamois, amorall wash, meguires wet look polish, 2 different mild cutting compounds (rarely used, only to get scratches out or remove faded/discoloured paint) and a big roll of polishing towel.

Oh I also have a can of hairspray in the bucket for the numberplates for after each wash, to protect them......

Edited by blu falc

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 8m 11d

I like to wash my car at home on the lawn, you get plenty of time to go over everything and its more gentle (if you do it right). I suppose not everyone has the luxury of mains water and water restrictions are getting pretty tight in some places.

• Member For: 18y 4m 7d

Yeah the auto car washes aren't too flash, pro wash self serve is where I do mine

Just warm soap and water (no brush) and the soap doesn't take off the Glare sealant

I cringe everytime there are people at the wash digging into their paint with the brush

Poorboys is very nice gear for what you pay for it, far better than Megs

NXT gen wax Version 2 is out now. I haven't touched a meguiars product in ten years but it's one of the best you can get from off the auto store shelves.

The damage on that green falcon is just wash marring, I've seen and removed far worse gear than that

That would come out with a white lake country pad and Menzerna 106FF or PO85RD finishing polish

It's nothing.

The days of just grab the old cut and polish are gone, yes you still do cut them out but with diminishing abrasive polishes from meguiars mirror glaze line, menzerna, prima and a heap of others including poorboys ssr 1 to 3

of course then there are the permanent filler products but these need to be used properly.

Far better than the sandpaper like abrasives of thirty to fourty years ago

This is what I sorted for Danny Smith's Burnout Master truck before this years summernats

solidsswirlmarks.jpg

solidspaintbeforepolishing.jpg

solidbeforepolishing.jpg

After Glare Zero, Menzerna PG, IP and 106

solidafterpolishing.jpg

solidmirrorfinish2.jpg

solidscorrectedpaint.jpg

solidspaintreflection.jpg

solidspaintreflections2.jpg

Edited by Dream Machines

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 6m 2d

Is that the best you can do? ^_^

Awesome finish on that sucker. Almost enough to get me inspired to wash the beast this weekend....we're allowed to use the hose for twenty minutes! :blaah:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 6m 2d

Assume so....I'll be making the most of it. And it's actually for a whole hour!

During the “Wet Afternoon” trial residents and businesses will be able to:

Use a single hand held hose with a trigger or twist nozzle for 1 hour a week between 4:00 and 5pm on Saturday March 1 (odd number houses) and Sunday March (evens and unnumbered) to wash vehicles, clean external surfaces of houses, buildings materials and equipment and water gardens and plants (hoses can not be used on paving, pathways or driveways).

http://www.qwc.qld.gov.au/tiki-read_articl...p?articleId=213