tford6

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Former MPS3 Driver!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 11d

that's ok then, as long as I'm keeping up with the jones' its all going to be ok.....I must admit, the stuff does smell pretty good.....I wonder if that technically helps in the paint protection process??

or is it just to make me feel all warm inside??

• Member For: 19y 6m 1d
Yeah... I took mine to the car wash at BP after falling for their 'now more gentle on your car' (rap. dont believe it... scratches over everything but the glass. same with car lovers but a little better. thank god for Meguiars scratch X. either way nothing beats a hand wash with some rich sud car shampoo :spoton:

Bad news,I need some help guys!!!

haveing only hand washed the car 2 times since applying the tech wax the scratches have reappeared...F*ck..#$&%. :w00t2:

This scratch x you talk about,can you apply to the whole car?

Any recommendations on getting rid of these scratches for good?

I will never ever look at a car wash again..F@*k... :clap:

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 11m 18d

hmmm seems like that tech wax only masks the scratches and blends them in perhaps...

best way would probably be to use a buffer with a real light cutting compound on a fairly fine pad. but better wait for a pro to give u their opinion!

sucks to hear that dude

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 3d

mate you'll the tech wax only fills in the scratches, try using a mild abrasive compound like PoorBoys SSR 1 (?) or similar... its like a very mild cut and polish..

I used it on my dealer-supplied swirls and it removes a fair few of them!!

• Member For: 21y 2m 3d
Bad news,I need some help guys!!!

haveing only hand washed the car 2 times since applying the tech wax the scratches have reappeared...F*ck..#$&%. :spoton:

This scratch x you talk about,can you apply to the whole car?

Any recommendations on getting rid of these scratches for good?

I will never ever look at a car wash again..F@*k... :bangcomputer:

Sorry to hear mate but I was going to post a message saying wait till you've washed it a couple of times but thoguht you'd figure it out, once there there the only way your gonna get rid of em is a GOOD professional detailer to cut them out with an rotary buffer and polish it back up WITHOUT going thru the clear coat in steps. There aint no easy fix except for hiding them with waxes as you've seen.

Before I did training for the new business I now run spray painting bumpers etc I had the same problem only much more huge circular swirls in the bonnet, roof, boot etc. Not knowing any better at the time I bought one of them orbital Super Works buffers from Super Cheap and some Meguiars Scratch X . It did work but farking took ages, orbital buffers are not designed to cut they are really for polishing only, so novices don't damage their paint, I hit the bonnet 1/2 a dozen times took me hours, ended up using near a whole tube of Scratch X and breaking the buffer fell into 2 peices, took it back to Super Cheap and got a refund.

But now I could get em out in a 1/4 of the time with the right tools and cutters but you can cut thru the clear especially edges eailsy so I'd seriously suggest you take the car to a good detailer and tell them you want them cut out and not just covered up, that'll depend on how much clear is on the car and how deep they are.

If you want to do it your self it'll cost more cause you'll need to buy a good rotary buffer and orange pad a white one a black one some no1 cutter and a number 2 like Finnesse IT II, some coloured polish etc etc cheaper to have a pro do it for you.