Na Fuel Efficiency And Km's Per Tank

INPURSUIT

• Fastest Taxi In Melbourne
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 20d
I drive a ba manual xr6 and I get crap fuel economy as well. 14 - 15l/100kms. My old mans turbo gets heaps better economy

the economy im getting is absolutely shocking, its gone up to 16.3l/100kms now, its getting worse and im not driving the car hard at all :sleepystuff:

• Member For: 18y 1m 12d

that's really bad efficiency I got better in the ute towing a tralier full of stock two ladders on the racks with a bundle of 40mm pipes and the back of the ute full with tools and materials, I would get about 14-15l/100 about 500-550kms off a tank and that was driving around sydney with a heavy foot.

maybe u should give it a bit to try losen things up then take it out on the open road to cuise, that might help.

in my ute a BA auto I have had the avg down to 9.2l/100 with the tray full and two of us in the cab but that was driving from sydney to coffs when it was double demerits normal is about 9.5l/100.

I have got 751km on a tank and when I filled up the trip computer said I still had 35kms to empty

in the wive's BA manual seadan it's avg on highway is 9.5-10l/100 around town it's about 12-13l/100 so about 550-600 a tank and the cars stock bar the k&n air filter

• 5 weeks later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 17y 9m 5d
hey guys

I have a ba xr6 na manual and im getting pretty poor fuel economy

I dont drive my car hard at all and acceleration is always smooth and gears changed at 3000rpm

at the moment im averaging 15l/100kms and only getting 350kms out of a tank.

is this normal? ive taken the car to ford to get checked out and they say that everything is fine with the car but I should be getting better fuel economy than 350km per tank.

I have recently had my cat converter replaced under warranty and since that's been done the fuel efficiency has appeared to go worse.

just wanted to see what other guys with na's are getting out of their tanks and average fuel efficiency

I know this topic has been covered a number of times before but I just wanted to see how the na guys are going in regards to efficiency

cheers

anthony

That is pretty poor. My N/A BA XR6 Manual gets about 11.9/100 and I dont really drive it that gently or do a lot of highway driving if any at all.

• 1 month later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 17d

ive got a mk1 ba xr6 na manual and I got 530k's full tank city driving. takes me about 45 mins to get to work on moderate traffic, that was when I had the high flow panel filter and the 2 1/2" catback exhaust. after I fitted pacemaker comp headers, metal substrate 3" highflow cat and the capa flash tuner, no custom tune yet, I got around 500k's. I have yet to drive it on the highway on a full tank. I averaged around 12.5l/t 100. im pretty impressed with the result considering I got alil more weight to carry with the subs in the rear.lol I reckon 350k's to the tank is 2 short for the way you drive, id be concerned with that result, there must be an issue with your mixture setup, have a look at your plugs, if they look too black of course that would indicate its running too rich and therefore require a checkup on all the parameters on the ecu's. take it to your ford dealer, and make sure you get a technician that KNOWS what he's doing :-) see how you go with that

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Member For: 15y 7m 19d

Over the last 21,000 km I've had a total average of 12.44l/100 - 90% city, 10% highway.

There are three drivers, my son the "P" plater who averages around 13-14l/100 driving around in 3rd gear all the time :-( , my wife who averages around 11-12 and me, I can get it down to 9.07 on a highway run.

I find that type of fuel used can vary consumption considerably - E10 runs very poorly in my car, whist premium 98 can use up to 3 liters per 100km less than 95.

I have had a new o2 sensor and proper dyno tune as well, and am very happy the way the car runs.

Cheers James

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 2m 4d

I purchased a BA XR6 NA AUTO for my partner, she uses it for shopping etc.

Since the day I picked it up for her, the range has only ever read approx 340 km to empty when the tank is refilled.

The car runs and drives very nicely,sparkplugs are nice and clean,just has bad economy.

I will hook up my air fuel meter and go for a drive and see what my mixtures are.

Might be time for an economy edit.