Na Fuel Efficiency And Km's Per Tank

INPURSUIT

• Member For: 12y 6m 1d

hey I drive a mk 11 futura, bout 60/40 split in favour of highway, and on an 80 000k avg I have 10.8l/100k avg and that's just checked, hope hat helps, ps it doesent always get driven soft but most of time lol

Damn,what is it with this 10.8 ?

that's 3 I know of that have EXACTLY the same figures...

• 5 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 1m 29d

When I first got my ute it was at 28/100ks, most probably because of test drives etc.

Since I bought it I have done 2 x 2 hour long highway drives and that brought it down to 11.4 / 11.5 per 100k, When I fill the tank it says I have 749 exactly to a tank every time. A tank doing my daily runs to work and odd drives to the shops here n there I get almost about 3 weeks to a tank which I think is a sh*tload better as my old 93 GSR lancer was pushing sh*t up hill week to week but it didn't help I had it tuned rich, was a bitch of a car for a daily.

• Member For: 12y 3m 18d

I had a similar problem terrible fuel economy turned out my fuel rail was blocked and therefore the return line into the tank wasnt actually returning the fuel but throwing it into the motor, car was also runing like sh*t....so changed fuel rail and I also changed fuel pump, fuel reg, fuel filter, o2 sensor, exhaust, air filter definitely fixed the problem! was really only the rail that was causing the problem but while I was at it did the whole thing

was also told by my mechanic that theres for some reason a return valve inside the tank that can sometimes get blocked, and also have to be weary if an aftermarket fuel pump has been put in that's raising the fuel pressure and throwing way too much fuel in it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...