How Many Kilometres Have You Clocked Up?

HellionXR6T

• Member For: 13y 5d

Loving the Kms guys, keeps me in high spirits, this is the first non japper ive owned, its a 2005 BA2 XR6-T its got 133,000 on the clock, only gona use it to travel in between citys to visit my family :)

I really wanted comfort/reliability and performance.

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 22d

My 2004 BA has done 176000km apart from normal service and a couple of normal BA problems it still goe's great.

PS .gearbox is still holding up despite plenty of sprited driving. [Ford speak] J K.

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 15y 1m 5d

Hey,

I've just clicked over 112600 km on my 2009 FG XR6T, and its running like a dream.

I've had it Flash tuned & Dyno tuned by Herrod Motor Sport @ approx 30,000km, including a K&N Air Filter,

It's been serviced by Bayford Coburg at every interval, I'm yet to replace brake pads...!,

with only having done the flash & Dyno tune, the K&N Air filter as mods go, the fuel economy went from 12.6/100km down to 9.8/100km,

the power increase admittedly was modest at best, (221kw atrw factory to 257kw atrw) however, it transformed how the car drove, the lag in the FG auto is not worth mentioning,

I don't have the disposable funds to spend on a car that I will change over every 3 years, and I would only contemplate the extra spend if I decided to keep the km down as low as possible and keep the car...?

So, whilst the FG may not have the collectable status of it's classic siblings of days gone by, it's fair to say that with the launch of the FG MK2 next month the even more refined FG could be worth hanging on to..?

I don't think I'm biased when I say that contrary to sales results the "FG XR6 Turbo is arguably the best "bang for buck" load of fun that has emerged from ANY Ozzie factory to date...?

I didn't hesitate in placing an order for the MK2, with delivery in Feb. 2012.

Simply the best vehicle I have ever owned, in the top 5 of those I've driven.

The well documented Improvements that we ALL put on our wish lists were:

a) A wider tyre spec front & rear, a combination or staggered fitment (similar to what HSV did with its R8)

b) and bigger & better quality brake package, upgrading to Ford Territory disc's & calipers doesn't do the XR6T any favors at ALL

c) Cosmetically disguish the turbo from the std XR, subtly, by having a gauge cluster that includes the boost guage 0 to 1 bar & the oil temp gauge as per the F6, now whilst it can't be exactly the same as FPV's at least include the same guages,...?

I realise these are only a few, but I would be happy if these were upgraded, and perhaps I may save some extra $$ and make those improvements myself if I decide to keep a Modern Day Classic..!

• My engine bay is Bionic
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 2d

90,000K just rolled up. 2006 BF T. And Ford just rang me to congratulate me on owning the thing for 5 years.

To FG??

I.B.

Edited by Iconic Bionic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 28d

Have some of mine, May 2007 BFII up to 147,xxx now!