New Member - Needs A Little Help

slicknick

• Member For: 17y 2m 20d

Hi everyone. This is my first post.

I hope this is an appropriate place to post in!

I am looking at buying an XR6T real soon and was wondering if anyone in the Newcastle, NSW area would like to do me a favour.

I currently drive a late model modified WRX and have been looking to change over to the XR6T. I went and test drove a few stock ones and was impressed but it just felt so heavy. I'm not trashing - I really like the 6T but coming from a light weight vehicle to a stock 6T.. well it just felt heavy and not comparable.

Anyway, my problem is this. When I buy a 6T I want to modify it and I would like to have a drive (as a passenger) in a modified one to see what they feel like and how they go.

Like a lot of you I guess, I enjoy the rush and the kick in the guts as the turbo spools and I dont want to change over if I cant get to that comparable point in the 6T.

So I'm calling out to any one in the Newcastle area that would like to help me out by taking me for a quick drive in their modified 6T. Preferrably to the APS Phase II kit level or equivalent. that's where I plan on getting mine to.

If you like we can meet in a mutually public place and I would even throw say $20 or so, your way for your trouble.

I'm just looking for a couple of take offs from rest and a few rolling pulls from 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

I am looking for a manual but if you have auto I guess that's near enough.

So if you want to help convert someone and you have the time and willing to help me out. Please private msg me and we can organise a time that is convenient to you.

Many thanks in adavance

Nick

• Member For: 17y 2m 20d
:w00t2:

Hi slicknick, forget about the aps stuff , edit & customtune is the way to go.

Hi and thanks.

Yeah I would probably research it and go another way than the APS kits.

But I guess I'm looking to see how about 280rwkw feels in the 6T.

I would do as a minimum, exhaust, intake, intercooler, injectors, fuel pump and custom tune

• Member For: 18y 6m 1d

If you dont get a bite in Newcastle - even though there are a bunch of guys from Newy on the forum, I'm in Manly in Sydney and will take you for a spin if you are down this way soon.

Try putting a post in the NSW cruise section. There is a dedicated Newcastle thread in there.

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 6d

The problem you are facing is that you are comparing two completely different cars (as you are no doubt aware). You are going from AWD light weight "go-kart" steering car that pretty much drives wherever you point the thing, to a fairly heavy, rear wheel drive car with plenty of body roll (compared with the rex) and a car that you pretty much have to actually drive! A modified T feels just like a T, but the boost and power comes on much harder and the point between traction and slip is much finer (most well tuned T's can break traction in 2nd and 3rd gear roll-on in a straight line).

As others will tell you, go drive one... but knowing what most of us know you will not regret getting an edit. Every time you drive it will feel like the first time you drove it.

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 21y 2m 24d
Like a lot of you I guess, I enjoy the rush and the kick in the guts as the turbo spools and I dont want to change over if I cant get to that comparable point in the 6T.

Many thanks in adavance

Nick

You, sir, have an unscientific manner of judging vehicles. If you cannot appreciate civilised and smooth power delivery then be gone!

Return to your WRX at once and take your ricer boy backwards hat shenanigans with you!!!

• BACK SLOWER THEN EVER!
  • Member For: 17y 2m 27d

Hi Nick,

I have also had the choice between the 2.... I choose the 6T.

Reason.

My mate has a 06 STI with 215kws at the wheels... I helped him pick it up from the pound and get her used to the road again.... As mentioned above the rex has gokart like handling, is very noisey at 60kph in 4th and I feel it was more like going to a strip joint... a tease....

The XR6T is more a mans car, you can drive it day in day out. Drive it at 60kphs no problem, the cops wont even blind as you drive by... Punch it and it gets up and moves pretty quickily... ah also I love the occasional drift, that you can't do in a rex. Also try fitting the missus and the 2 kids, pram and the shopping in the rex hahaha good luck....

But theres one thing for sure, when you jump into a modded 6T and you give it a gut full the thing sounds like a 747 on a launch strip..... fanfrickentastic.....

Also much more room in the back seat for you young folk....

• Member For: 17y 8m 23d
You, sir, have an unscientific manner of judging vehicles. If you cannot appreciate civilised and smooth power delivery then be gone!

Return to your WRX at once and take your ricer boy backwards hat shenanigans with you!!!

lol that seems a bit harsh!! by the way I drive a t so dont shoot!!!

• Member For: 20y 10m 24d
Hi and thanks.

Yeah I would probably research it and go another way than the APS kits.

But I guess I'm looking to see how about 280rwkw feels in the 6T.

I would do as a minimum, exhaust, intake, intercooler, injectors, fuel pump and custom tune