A Huge Thumbs Down For Nuford Wangara

Paradoxx

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 13d

I've had some really mixed results from Nuford. I bought my car from Lane Ford in Mandurah and live in Duncraig and work in Wangara so I booked the car in during work one day for the 3000km service. Had an issue with some noises coming from the front suspension and told them straight away and within 10 seconds the girl there was getting all defensive saying noises arent a warranty issue and I will probably have to pay for it.. I heard the words "so your happy to have us service it yet you didnt want to buy it from us" mentioned just before I left.

4pm rolls on and I collect my car and they had basically just looked over it (for 3000kms I was hoping for an oil change but they said I'd have to pay $150 odd for). They washed the car and the vacummed the drivers seat but left the rest... Sure it had a little bit of dog hair on it, but it wouldnt have taken 5minutes.. Wasnt really impressed.

HOWEVER, as my workplace is becoming better known im having a few of the Nuford guys come in and they are unreal. Always asking about the car and talking about mods and what works / what doesnt. But I get the feeling these guys dont deal with the public and that's a shame. Another suprise came only on Monday arvo. Went in to buy the XR scuff panels and got a bargain ($25 for two, fords rrp is $36) and a free drivers logbook wallet thing and the bloke was fantastic.

I guess like everywhere, the bad ruin it for the good :( that's why im using my mate who I 110% trust whos workplace already does log book servicing!

Edited by Mat

• Member For: 19y 4m 20d
about to attempt to service mine in the next couple of weeks. plenty of tutorials (special thanks to zap for his) and I know what to check so we will see how it goes. cant handle paying another 300 for what is essentially an oil change.

Can someone give me a link to this tutorial, I have done a search but no luck.

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 2d

yeh mate dealerships are a shocker if you get it serviced at a place where you didnt buy !!!

Nissh*t are just as bad !!!

that's why I use my mates dad whose a mobile mechanic, he doesnt even drive the car !!!

• Member For: 17y 6m 14d

I took mine there and never again!! I got my 30k service and got them to change the fuel filter, when I got my car back home I poped the bonet and had a look and what I say realy p**sed me off they had not put the fuel filter in proply and fuel was pi*sing out of it... so I put it back and then rang them up and told them what they have done... I asked why thier people did not see the prob befor they put the bonet down... he gave me a load of cr@p... I arsked him,,, for my trubbles and my lost of fuel and my killed grass on my front lawn, can I get a cheaper service next time or a free hat or something what he replyed NO.. so thankx Nuford for nothing

• Uncle Bulgaria was gender challenged
  • Member For: 20y 6m 6d
I've had some really mixed results from Nuford. I bought my car from Lane Ford in Mandurah and live in Duncraig and work in Wangara so I booked the car in during work one day for the 3000km service. Had an issue with some noises coming from the front suspension and told them straight away and within 10 seconds the girl there was getting all defensive saying noises arent a warranty issue and I will probably have to pay for it.. I heard the words "so your happy to have us service it yet you didnt want to buy it from us" mentioned just before I left.

4pm rolls on and I collect my car and they had basically just looked over it (for 3000kms I was hoping for an oil change but they said I'd have to pay $150 odd for). They washed the car and the vacummed the drivers seat but left the rest... Sure it had a little bit of dog hair on it, but it wouldnt have taken 5minutes.. Wasnt really impressed.

HOWEVER, as my workplace is becoming better known im having a few of the Nuford guys come in and they are unreal. Always asking about the car and talking about mods and what works / what doesnt. But I get the feeling these guys dont deal with the public and that's a shame. Another suprise came only on Monday arvo. Went in to buy the XR scuff panels and got a bargain ($25 for two, fords rrp is $36) and a free drivers logbook wallet thing and the bloke was fantastic.

I guess like everywhere, the bad ruin it for the good :( that's why im using my mate who I 110% trust whos workplace already does log book servicing!

Ive never bought new from Maughan Thiem Port Adelade but when I took my used hand XR in for the first time and enquired about the XR scuff plates they threw them on at service time for $21 fitted. Took our new Terri there for its 3000 and no issues even though I hadnt bought it there. Different dealers, different strokes.

They even remembered working on my old EL XR back in 2001 (I had a specific issue that took us a while to sort and the head dude in service took it home for the night to spend drive time with it)...but then I had a 4 yr holiday with Holden.

Find a good dealer, stick to it. And get to know some bodies within to ensure you have a comeback if you have issues.

• 6 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 23d

You think that's bad check out what they did to my car. Basically the car had a chain guide fail which caused the cams to be out of time allowing the valves to hit the pistons, all they did was correct the timing and sent me home with a engine full of bent valves which later failed. Here is a link to my YouTube vid that proves the valves hit pistons