Lowering An Xr

• Member For: 18y 6m 26d

Pretty simple mate. Just take it to any suspension shop or any tuner should be able to do it.

There are a few options on spring rate and that sort of thing, but if you're just after a lowered look then King springs seem to work ok for me.

Pretty simple mate. Just take it to any suspension shop or any tuner should be able to do it.

There are a few options on spring rate and that sort of thing, but if you're just after a lowered look then King springs seem to work ok for me.

:stupid:

If you just want it lowered for looks and aren't overly fussed on improving handling/ride comfort, just go with Kings super low's in the front and Kings super super lows in the rear. It makes the wheel arches sit just over the top of the tyres which make it look awesome compared to stock '4wd status" ride height :blink: This set up should give you change out of $500 fitted :msm:

If your after something that will both lower the car and improve handling, you'll be after some sort of coilover set up in the front and upgraded shocks/springs in the rear. I think the best kit out there at the moment for the BA/BF is the Tein package but it will set you back around $3000 fitted. It's pricey but well worth it IMHO :msm:

• Member For: 17y 3m 26d
:stupid:

If you just want it lowered for looks and aren't overly fussed on improving handling/ride comfort, just go with Kings super low's in the front and Kings super super lows in the rear. It makes the wheel arches sit just over the top of the tyres which make it look awesome compared to stock '4wd status" ride height :aaggl: This set up should give you change out of $500 fitted :stupid:

If your after something that will both lower the car and improve handling, you'll be after some sort of coilover set up in the front and upgraded shocks/springs in the rear. I think the best kit out there at the moment for the BA/BF is the Tein package but it will set you back around $3000 fitted. It's pricey but well worth it IMHO :msm:

Awesome! Thank you!! that's all I needed to know.

dammit, I'm sick of everyone sticking those "I'm with stupid" faces on my posts

:spoton:

• Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 18d

Sorry Had to do it :spoton:

Good luck with the lowering, should be a painless experience.

Edited by seventytwo

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 2m 9d

I would recommend a set of coilovers because you can adjust the height to where you want it aswell as your dampner(depending if available) level. I know tein do a set that isnt really cheap. I also know that HSD are bringing a set out for BA/BF's within a month or two retailing for around $1700 a set.

Well worth the money imo

Edited by ashmo

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 18d

there's also a reason why the HSD's are half the price of the TIENs, its the same reason a Kia Rio is $6000 cheaper than a Ford Focus, you can make your own decision in the end