Mals BA XR6T

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 15d

img3592bjp7.jpg

Lots of VERY fond memories with this car. Lots of money wasted over 6 years, lots of speeding fines and defects, lots of insurance hassles etc. Ran a 13.5 with only a catback exhaust and dodgy clutch. Lots of 5K launches, lots of cruises. Bit hard to have love for a few bits of metal but is was close lol. Sold just recently. Went to a good home with an owner who got a bargain!

After driving my first turbo car, I decided I like them so the choice was obvious. Wanted a new factory turbo performance car and there arent many options!

Always been a Ford boy though. First car was a baby blue XF falcon. Sold it to dad cheap, and he traded it in in 2006 or 2007 with just under 150K kms on it. Genuine too! Such a clean, well kept example. Some fond memories too... They dont make backseats that big anymore lol

• Member For: 17y 4d

73 toyoya celica

Mazda 323 wagon

'68 vw convertible

'58 vw show car-still have

Renault Fuego gtx 2ltr

Ford EF Falcon olympic classic

'71 vw type 3 wagon

Mitsubishi Pajero-still have

'04 Falcon xr6 t-my pride & joy

• Member For: 17y 4d

73 toyoya celica

Mazda 323 wagon

'68 vw convertible

'58 vw show car-still have

Renault Fuego gtx 2ltr

Ford EF Falcon olympic classic

'71 vw type 3 wagon

Mitsubishi Pajero-still have

'04 Falcon xr6 t-my pride & joy

• Member For: 17y 2m 11d

Im in the process of selling my S13, ive had 3 now I love them, they are so much fun to drive with only a few mods :spoton: but its time to get something more reliable and of course more power haha and a couple of mates have 6T's so it was an easy choice :wub:

• Legendary member!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 9m 6d

I have been very fortunate indeed...

Got back from UK when I was about 18 - Done my learners in my Dad's brand new 04 WRX... For a learner driver it was pretty exciting! Struggled a little bit with the clutch but that was just my inexperience.

My first car was an older manual civic - 1.8l hatch. Was pretty much a show car with full bodykit, dropped on big rims, racing seats, few gauges, full custom fibreglassed stereo with a 15" sub and a few amps, mirror tint etc... Was a little slow but a great car to learn in... Wasnt fast enough that I could get in much trouble anyways! Got fed up of the lack of power after about a year.

Moved onto to the allmighty R32 GTR... WOW!!!

Was lucky enough to grab a tidy mildly modified Godzilla. I loved it to pieces, spent all my spare time doing little mods I was comfortable to try, cleaning it and fangin it around. Fantastic handling, great looks and an induction sound like a jet... had a few tasteful go fast bits / suspension mods and went like the clappers.... I would still have it now if I didnt have the chance of grabbin my XR6T at the price I did...

My old man bought a BF XR6T ute for work purposes but after having the ute for around 8 months and only having done about 2000kms - have gave me an offer I couldnt refuse.

If I sold my GTR, I could have the ute for whatever money I got for the skyline...

I didnt really want to part with my zilla - I loved it... But ended up sellin it for $24K so in the end I only paid that amount for a pretty much brand new T ute...

Love the ute too... A little slower than my GTR so far but still stock as yet. Doesnt handle well in comparison to the GTR but that is expected.

Having said all this, I think im a better driver for having learnt in and driven fairly powerful and fast cars from an early age. I have more respect for power and speed than I would of I had been thrashing an excel around. My cars have all had good brakes and suspension and I felt a lot safer in them than cheaper, lower powered cars. Guess I have my parents to thank for allowing me the pleasure.

Lucky me huh!!! Sorry guys!

Edited by Dirty32