V8 Supercars Or New Series

01txr

What would you like to see?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 6d
Unfortunatly, I must admit that I may have to join the defeatest Laner and Tab led view. The only way things will change is if Ford does something to help themselves. As long as they keep accepting it and throwing money at the series, AVESCO will have no reason to change.

:spoton: & :spoton:

And technically I guess "V8" is more of a two-character acronym than anything :laughing:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Former MPS3 Driver!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 16d

if this keeps up, I'm going to have to start putting sh*t on myself.....there's going to be no-one left to play with :laughing:

• 3 months later...
  • Member For: 18y 27d
bump

TEGA must have tampered with the brake lines on the wrong cars last weekend. :sleepystuff:

Yeah, suck sh*t to the litle rat faced tool!

Strange how the HRT cars which ran the same set-ups didn't have the same issues.

There are certain drivers I hate, *beep* Kelly tops the list with Skafe a close 2nd, Murphy is in there somewhere too. There's no better race when *beep* and Skaife don't finish :roflmbo:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 6d

Got to give credit where it is due, Skaife is a champ. But still I never shed a tear when he ends up in the kitty litter. :funnydance:

And as for those other f*ckers :censored: Always whinging and moaning when things don't go there way. Murphy is hilarious....it's never the fact that he stuffs up, always everyone else's fault.

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 2d

Like it or not, it is not the 70's anymore and the majority of people who buy family sedans these days don't give a flying fukc about what lap times the cars run at Bathurst. They care about stability control, how many airbags a car has, what it's ncap rating is, what the fuel consumption is like.

All of these things can't be measured on a race track. In the 70's it was fine to take your GT Falcon for a belt up the Hume Highway, if you got pulled over it was no big deal. Try it today and watch your car get impounded and then have 6 to 12 months walking to think about it..

Win on Sunday sell on Monday is a thing of the past. If a Ford laps Bathurst in 2:08's and uses 3 liters of fuel per lap and a Expensive Daewoo laps in 3:08 but only has to fill up once during the race, which of these FAMILY SEDANS do you think would sell better during the week?

Edited by xrdreaming

• Member For: 18y 27d
Like it or not, it is not the 70's anymore and the majority of people who buy family sedans these days don't give a flying fukc about what lap times the cars run at Bathurst. They care about stability control, how many airbags a car has, what it's ncap rating is, what the fuel consumption is like.

All of these things can't be measured on a race track. In the 70's it was fine to take your GT Falcon for a belt up the Hume Highway, if you got pulled over it was no big deal. Try it today and watch your car get impounded and then have 6 to 12 months walking to think about it..

Win on Sunday sell on Monday is a thing of the past. If a Ford laps Bathurst in 2:08's and uses 3 liters of fuel per lap and a Expensive Daewoo laps in 3:08 but only has to fill up once during the race, which of these FAMILY SEDANS do you think would sell better during the week?

Sorry, that simply isn't true. Car enthusiests know and understand that the V8 Supercars bear no relationship to the production models, but the majority of punters just don't understand. The see it that if Ford and Expensive Daewoo can build such fantastic road cars, some of it must trickle down to the production versions.

Win on Sunday sell on Monday is alive an well occording to Ford and Expensive Daewoo marketing (something they both agree on) otherwise they wouldn't invest so much time and money into making sure the car carrying their badge crosses the line first.

Bathurst is so important because it is a long endurance race that is very hard on machinery. This puts even more of a spotlight on a brand's ability to engineer a reliable product.

Sure, they don't race the same cars that punters buy, but the stigma of owning a winning brand that resembles the car they see winning is a very powerful marketing tool. If I had a dollar for every time any Expensive Daewoo fan tells me they love Expensive Daewoo because they win more races, I'd be pretty well off.

Look at F1, the cars don't even resemble the Toyotas, Ferraris, Renaults, Mercs, BMWs, yet they spend billions to compete and show off their engineering prowess, and yes, it sell them cars.

While enthusiest, like nearly everyone on this forum, might know better, we only make up the minority of car buyers, and most of us already have brand loyalty. It's the majority that racing as marketing is very important.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 24d

I'm sorry but I have to totally disagree with the hole Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday mentality, Ford and Expensive Daewoo think it works because it gives them an excuse to advertise and put the product in ppls minds, I can guarantee you that our result on Sunday has had SFA to do with sales this week! Yes we had phone calls regarding the Cobra on sunday and monday, because it was the first time everyone saw it and they got excited about a special edition. The fact that a car with a ford badge on the front of it makes no difference to a person looking at buying a fiesta or focus, or XT falcon.

F1 is different however, the new technology used in F1 eventually trickles down into production cars ie Honda and V-Tec. V8 supercars contribute nothing to modern vehicles because they use technology that was present in cars from 1980.

Yes a win at bathurst gives Ford fans a happy feeling, but if Bob has bought a GT, and is now looking for a fiesta for his daughter jenny, it won't make a difference if the lion or the blue oval was on top at mount panorama...

I know you are in marketing tmac, but you don't sit in the showroom after you've just advertised a product to see how the outcome is, yes good marketing campaigns work, but you can not contribute that to a Bathurst win.

Pat