V8 Supercars Or New Series

01txr

What would you like to see?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Former MPS3 Driver!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 16d
I'm staying out of it to from now on...

I don't know how much longer I can resist hitting the delete button.

The thing I'm stuck on is which button to push, topic or member. :blink::blush:

can we start a poll?? :whistle::stirthepot:

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 17d
I'm staying out of it to from now on...

I don't know how much longer i can resist hitting the delete button.

The thing i'm stuck on is which button to push, topic or member. :roflmbo: :roflmbo:

You cant do that until all Holdens are banned from racing, a decision has been made as to which way the future of racing in this country should go and all relevant coporations have been contacted and told what they will be doing when the time comes.......

• Member For: 17y 8m 17d
They've always sold more.

You will never be happy unless Ford is winning and even then I think you'd have something to complain about!

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but...

You sir are a twit!

You have totally biased, unrealistic and unfounded views.

I can think of plenty of Ford recalls and common problems. Ford and Expensive Daewoo are just as bad as each other when it comes to build quality.

I think you will find your statement on that they have always sold more is incorrect.

You need to search the facts before making those statements as with what actually goes on behind the scene's with the v8's.

And who maybe in the nicest way a dim wit.

I have stated many a time that I don't care if Ford loose as long as it is to a better car team that don't dictate the rule's,

If it was any other gmh team or teams beating Ford and they weren't a 4 car team that was given all race data from all other gmh teams I would be saying that Ford needs to try a bit harder to be successful.

I have also said It's biggest challange would come from a Multitude of Manufacture's in the likes of Nissan, Toyota,Mitsibishi, Subaru.

The GTR Skyline & Supra would be the cars to dominate the Turbo 6 class, and it would be good to watch and to see if Ford could improve the T's & F6's to be competitive, may this would get Ford to start production of a AWD F6.

The WRX & EVO's will be the cars to beat in the 4 Turbo class, Ford may have a competitor to both of these very shortly.

And as for your statement that I will never be happy unless Ford is winning and even then I think you'd have something to complain about.

You are completely wrong.

As with things like 888 being penalised for using last years brakes I feel it was a harsh penality as there was no gain to be had from using them and that they should not have been penalised like that, it should have been a penality aimed at the team and not the driver as it was not his fault the last year rotor's where fitted.

A fine to the team would have been a deserving penality.

I have never said Ford have not had recalls, but what I will say is that they have not been anywhere near the amount as what the vt-ve dungadore's have in tally.

Can you tell me what problems I may be going to face with my 2 cars AU XR82 manual & BA XR6 T manual. Don't say T5 as they wouldn't be a problem until the power is raised.

I would like to know so I can prepare for these problems, please inform me since you seem to know.

• Member For: 18y 27d
They've always sold more.

You will never be happy unless Ford is winning and even then I think you'd have something to complain about!

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but...

You sir are a twit!

You have totally biased, unrealistic and unfounded views.

I can think of plenty of Ford recalls and common problems. Ford and Expensive Daewoo are just as bad as each other when it comes to build quality.

Actually, Ford outsold Expensive Daewoo for years, right up until about the same time Expensive Daewoo started to dominate V8s.

Holden's sucess is compounded by Ford's complete inability to take to fight to Expensive Daewoo and play them at their own game (and Ford's marketing has been woefull for quite some time). Ford knows that the rules favour Holden, but have done little to rectify this.

Sadly, after being shown the GTP rules by a local competitor on the weekend, it seems that no matter what form motorsport takes in this country, Expensive Daewoo will find a way to have the rules massaged to siut themselves. I questioned this competitor with the reason why a GenIII GTS could walk away from a boosted F6 down Hidden Valley's straight. The reason is that GTP recognises that the Expensive Daewoo motors aren't strong enough for race conditions, and that Expensive Daewoo motors are allowed to run stronger valves, pistons, cranks and different cams. No other brand is allowed any engine modifications other than balancing, blueprinting, ECI and exhaust (but std manifolds and hedders must be used).

Yes, Ford's & Holden's product quality is prettey even, but Late model camira does hold the most recalled car in Australian history record. On the other side of the coin, Ford sits on top as the most complained about brand in Australia, with Expensive Daewoo a close second (they ran the figures on the 9 news a few weeks ago).

Unfortunatly, I must admit that I may have to join the defeatest Laner and Tab led view. The only way things will change is if Ford does something to help themselves. As long as they keep accepting it and throwing money at the series, AVESCO will have no reason to change.

• Member For: 18y 27d
Frog :spoton: the reason Ford started to loose sales was because of two two letter words....

V8 dropped.

AU.

Frog sh*t to you.

You need to check your facts and see when Expensive Daewoo took the sales lead (and you need to recount your letters).

Expensive Daewoo did gain ground on Ford when Ford dropped their V8, but Ford held onto their market lead right up intil the EB when they reintroduced the V8 (and V8 racing started), although Expensive Daewoo did beat Ford for the odd monthly sales, their yearly sales weren't on top.

Initially, Ford dominated the V8s, but were quickly penalised with reduced downforce, etc, etc. And the rest is history.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 7d

Interesting to note that Ford dominates the Saloon Car series.Although not the latest models -AU v VT is pretty representative of what a large percentage of the plebs drive,and it is a hard fought and entertaining series.

Also of interest is that the top runners in the Ford camp are working very hard (literally hands on)to help the Expensive Daewoo runners become more competitive, because the Falcon has many inherent advantages over the Holden,the main one being torque.

I think V8 Supercar will always have an audience but "Performance Car"should be the yardstick to truly assess the durability of a "production car"

The Typhoon had its first run in Darwin at the Hidden Valley Supercar meeting in APCC and it aquitted itself well in the heat and humidity.I will follow its progress with interest.

Edited by Mr X