V8 Supercars Or New Series

01txr

What would you like to see?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 17y 8m 17d

So tab, what your saying is if the V8's where aired at the same time 9.30pm it would have had better ratings than either of the other 2 shows.

I don't think so. But hay I might be wrong as people like to go out and get away from the home on their days off.

Lets see what you all think.

(1) Do you think if the V8's was aired at night it would do better in it's ratings?

(a)Yes

(b)No

(2) Out of the people who have voted towards a new more relevant series.

How many of you currently watch V8 Supercars?

(a)Don't watch it at all

(b)Watch it when nothing else is happening

©Watch it every time it is aired

(3) Now if the new series was available?

(a)Still wouldn't watch

(b)Watch it more often

©Watch it when nothing else is happening

(d)Watch it when ever it was aired

This will be interesting to see what people think and what their answers will be. Just give your answers for each of the questions.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 5d

No, he's saying that the 2 shows are aired at different time slots so the ratings between them can't be compared.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 18d

Its all about selling cars ... he who spends more marketing dollars with the powers at be will obviously win races. It does get pretty obvious after a while.

Particularly when you have the lead two teams or should I say the leading 4 car team cruizing through the championship.

Rules? what rules? Everything can be fudged and interpretted differently.

When they decided to take the V8s overseas who was this going to benefit? Not the Australian public ... going to NZ is fair enough, nothing like a bit of cross tasman rivalry. But Dubai and China? If they did not have the market to sell the Commodores and HSV's do you think that they would be racing there?

I'm never going to Bathurst again ... at one stage I went 8 years I a row.

Bring back the old days and get the big boys to race the cars straight from the showroom floor ... no aero, no brake upgrades, no mods whatsover. Bring on the Brute Ute dyno testing before the race to check power outputs and get the real boys out there to show us what the cars can actually do.

I realise that the Fords are going to cop a hiding but at least then Ford can decide to do something about it or go back to being a providor of big safe family cars and taxis. They are already loosing out in the local car market...

• Lifetime Members
Its all about selling cars ... he who spends more marketing dollars with the powers at be will obviously win races.

You must be joking right!? :spoton:

That's where 888 and FPR have gone wrong this year...

They've been busy trying to improve their car setup when all they had to do was pay for some billboards and tv, radio, magazine ads and they would've won races. :spoton:

• Member For: 17y 8m 17d
Bring back the old days and get the big boys to race the cars straight from the showroom floor ... no aero, no brake upgrades, no mods whatsover. Bring on the Brute Ute dyno testing before the race to check power outputs and get the real boys out there to show us what the cars can actually do.

I realise that the Fords are going to cop a hiding but at least then Ford can decide to do something about it or go back to being a providor of big safe family cars and taxis. They are already loosing out in the local car market...

Exactly.

If Ford looses.

From the GTP rules I have read it seems as though the gmh product won't even go the distance, and with over 21 manufacturing recalls in the last nine to ten years I think that just shows it's quality or should that be lack of quality.

Say the dungadore happens to beat the Falcon, then what about the daewoo/barina/astra against the XR4/XR5, Soon to be released XR5 AWD and maybe the RS AWD (220kw), Then the V6 dungadore against the XR6, and then you have the XR6 t and F6's in the turbo/blowen classes.

All these cars falling under $100 000 Au.

Even if the hsv dungadore wins it will be one class to Ford beating gmh in all others.

If you have a good look at what Ford have in it's catalogue you would see it will do well.

It's biggest challange would come from a Multitude of Manufacture's in the likes of Nissan, Toyota,Mitsibishi, Subaru.

As for gmh paying to dictate the wins and avertising there on track success it does make for more sales.

How much did gmh pay to get the wheels car of the year, how does a car that has had 2 or more recalls in it's first 3mths get car of the year.

Major recalls at that.

I maybe wrong as maybe it earnt it before the recalls where anounced.

How did they hide the amount of recalls since the vt.

I only found out this after the release of the ve.

I suppose it was paying the right people to keep quite.

The biggest dud of a car is also the most sold v8 in AU and has the most race wins.

Its a old pushrod pile of crap no where in the same Quality or engineering advancement as the Ford Modular motors.

So if you disagree that win sunday sell monday is not the case, then why is gmh out selling Ford.

• Lifetime Members

They've always sold more.

You will never be happy unless Ford is winning and even then I think you'd have something to complain about!

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but...

You sir are a twit!

You have totally biased, unrealistic and unfounded views.

I can think of plenty of Ford recalls and common problems. Ford and Expensive Daewoo are just as bad as each other when it comes to build quality.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m 6d
No, he's saying that the 2 shows are aired at different time slots so the ratings between them can't be compared.

Thank you Adam :spoton:

No comment on your last post though :spit: I promised to stay out of it so I guess I should.

:spoton:

• Lifetime Members

I'm staying out of it to from now on...

I don't know how much longer I can resist hitting the delete button.

The thing I'm stuck on is which button to push, topic or member. :spoton: :spoton:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 18d
Say the dungadore happens to beat the Falcon, then what about the daewoo/barina/astra against the XR4/XR5, Soon to be released XR5 AWD and maybe the RS AWD (220kw), Then the V6 dungadore against the XR6, and then you have the XR6 t and F6's in the turbo/blowen classes.

All these cars falling under $100 000 Au.

Even if the hsv dungadore wins it will be one class to Ford beating gmh in all others.

I like the concept... How about the "Australian Showroom Shootout" --> "ASS" ... Straight off the showroom floor, different races for different classes of cars.

I recon it would be interesting to watch the car that I was looking at buying race against the other cars in its class !!