V8 Supercars Or New Series

01txr

What would you like to see?  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 17y 5m 17d

Ok Just a poll on what people would prefer.

Just leave your vote & post your idea's.

The current V8 Supercar Championship.

where Ford gets penalised for every minor thing and gmh is allowed to do as they please.

Or a new Series That relates to what we drive on the road.

Back like the old days with the early GT Falcon, monaro's, torana's and Chrysler Chargers.

Have strick Homologation of what can be used.

Eg must be a high number of these cars and related parts sold before can be used.

With high production numbers and manufacturing standards that must comply with government regulations this should stop low number hot rods being made for the road.

Vehicle's are to use parts it is manufactured with like it's current driveline componants.

Have freedoms in exhausts, fuel systems, suspension, tuning but all must use factory mounting and style in there place. This will aid in making them faster than your everyday car and sound the part.

To keep costs down have control brakes, tyre's.

And best of all more variety of makes and models.

No handicapping a faster better car.

This will mean our manufacture's will have to do a better job on what they sell and means better cars for the road.

By having to use current componants this will also aid in better development in what vehicle we drive.

We need to keep muliply owned teams out and any teams found sharing data will be excluded for the term of Championship year plus fined accordingly (No acceptance of financial agreements).

Just think about how good a current falcon could be with years of ongoing race track development.

It would also be a cheaper series as the need for exotic parts won't be there.

Less struggle for teams to find big sponsorship.

Say for example a well known XR6 Turbo tune shop decided to enter a Turbo Falcon it would help his business and at same time give the aftermarket better upgrades.

As if there car was the stand out everyone wanting to upgrade there car would contact them.

I feel Ford Australia and other Manufacture's would benifit greatly from a comp like this as compared with it's current v8 supercars comp.

Toyota and Mitsibishi have been trying to get involved for a long time.

Bring on the Modern era and ditch the irrelevent pushrod powered supercars

Edited by Adam
Fixed poll

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 5d

I like it just the way it is. :oops:

One of your arguements for doing this is because Holden (in your eyes) has an unfair advantage.

If they raced road going versions the VE would crap all over every Falcon out there by a long way.

I like the cars the way they are. They are as mechanically indentical as they can be.

• Member For: 20y 1m 4d
Haven't we already got a series like this? Called GT Production isn't it?

exactly :blink:

and nobody really gives a toss about it. I'd rather watch Expensive Daewoo wining every race than sit there and watch evo's wining because of their 4 wheel drive advantage

• Member For: 17y 9m 27d
I like it just the way it is. :hiall:

One of your arguements for doing this is because Holden (in your eyes) has an unfair advantage.

If they raced road going versions the VE would crap all over every Falcon out there by a long way.

I like the cars the way they are. They are as mechanically indentical as they can be.

All the cars being the same is part of the problem. There is absoloutly no correlation to real Fords and Holdens.

At the moment, Ford has no incentive to build better performance cars than Holden. In a production car based seres (as in the glory days) manufacturers were forced to produced better cars in order to compete. As a result, the rest of us benefited with such legend cars as the GT Falcons, Monaros, XU1, etc. If a VE can flog a BF, so be it, at least it will be a fair fight (although it is not that simple, because reliability and real world scenarios come into play, not sheltered magazine style testing).

Can you imagine the quality of brakes and suspension components an FPV and HSV would be released with.

As far as the current GT production series goes, the racing is much more indicitive of what actual road cars can do. The only reason it is not as popular, is because the V8 series is copping all of the hype, organisational funding and attention. And, all of the good drivers are reserved for the V8s. Also, to really make things interesting, things could be broken up into classes such as supercars, large sedans, mediums, etc. Let's face reality, they only reason the V8 category class was created, was because V8 sedans were no longer competative because they were getting left behind by technology (mainly Holden, because Ford has competetive vehicles in all classes).

The whole excuse of creating a V8 class to get back to the glory days of Bathurst is rubbish. In the glory days there were multiple manufacturers, all vying to build the best road going product (Brock drove his Torana from Vic to Bathurst, raced it, won and drove home). And, V8s aren't the only Bathurst legends, we have Mini Coopers, Toranas, Cortinas, Sierras, GTR, XJS, etc.

Variety is the spice of life. At the moment the V8 circus is restricted to just two brands, therefore it has limited appeal. Open it up to all brands and the appeal is becomes much wider. It will attract new viewers to the sport and the manufacturers will benefit.

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 4m 17d

I would like to see a new series similar to the Group C or Group A series of the 80's.

Make them road cars with almost unlimited mods, but requiring homologation models for anything fancy like big wheels/motors/brakes/aero

Level the playing field with induction restrictors like WRC and handling/traction with wheel sizes.

If you want to run AWD, then you have skinny tyres.

The GT Production cars are a great series, with very little publicity, but I would rather see racing cars that are fully worked. It would also be good if they were factory only teams.

Could you imagine a series that had factory backing from all the major car makers ?

2 cars from Ford, GMH, Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi, MErc, Lexus, etc.

• Member For: 17y 9m 27d

What a top option. This would encourage manufacturers to produce better cars as a platform. Modifications could be on the grounds that the car's original chasis must be used. Suspension and brake mods must be using the stadnard car's configuration, motors must be the same as those found in the production car (turbo mods could be restricted to the std turbo), wheels and tryes must be the same size as those used on the production car. Drive trains must also be the same as those found on the production car. This way, modifications are restricted to the limits of the standard cars ability (through reliability) and therefore the same that a private owner (with unlimited funds) could do to their car. In addition to better cars from manufacturers, the aftermarket side of things would also benefit greatly. :spoton:

• Tractor Driver
  • Member For: 18y 4m 21d
I would like to see a new series similar to the Group C or Group A series of the 80's.

Make them road cars with almost unlimited mods, but requiring homologation models for anything fancy like big wheels/motors/brakes/aero

Level the playing field with induction restrictors like WRC and handling/traction with wheel sizes.

If you want to run AWD, then you have skinny tyres.

The GT Production cars are a great series, with very little publicity, but I would rather see racing cars that are fully worked. It would also be good if they were factory only teams.

Could you imagine a series that had factory backing from all the major car makers ?

2 cars from Ford, GMH, Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi, MErc, Lexus, etc.

What a top idea .. the only thing I would add is if a series like this was to ever get a hope of running, it would have to cost either the same or less to run than the current cars. Ford have already indicated that they are intending to reduce the expenditure in the Supercar series, and in the good ole days of Group A racing, the costs were on par (in raw dollars) with the current expenditure (ie: a 2-car team costs $1 million to run now, back in the Group A days, it was $1 million back then)

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1m 5d

If Expensive Daewoo would get off there @rse and release a new turbo 6 then we could have the OZ TURBO cup or somthing similar, I don't think the vl's would have much off a chance against the T's