Car Bra On Xr6t?

hanra

• Uncle Bulgaria was gender challenged
  • Member For: 20y 4m 30d

As per above I've used car bra's for years (live on the edge of the city and travel a fair few country miles). I occasionally take the temptation to remove the bra (mines black and bloody ugly on my lightning strike BA) but usually live to regret it.

Roads can be whatever they like but one truck dumping crap on the road or any car throwing sh*te up in front of you and you've got chip potential....its WELL worth it if you're going to regularly use it. One trip I'd be tempted to borrow one or the like.

Also as per above I bought mine virtually new off a AFF member. Everybody wants one, but many end up in the shed gathering dust. :)

Mines Car-Bra brand...they all have been and they dont mark up my paint providing as per above its polished and clean prior to putting it on...

Headlights CAN mark up a bit...but if you dont use the bra often a bit of clear plastic cleaner can help out...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 16d

I bought one for the drive over to Perth last Xmas. Glad I did as the roads were being resurfaced for about 40kms out of Norseman. With a fair bit of traffic alot of stones were being flicked up. I reckon the bra saved my paint from stone chips big time. Pity I didn't have protection for the windscreen and roof!!

On the trip back the temperatures got up to 44 degrees ambient. Temperature gauge on the car was fine, up about a needle width, which is understandable given the conditions. So no, there will be no noticeable impact on cooling.

I also installed a 3mm clear plastic film over the head lights and fog lights for stone protection. This stops the bra from scratching the headlights too. :w00t2:

• Member For: 18y 7m 19d

Drove from Brisbane to Cairns back in March. Except for a severe lack of overtaking lanes just north of Rockhampton, it was mostly a relaxing and uneventful drive.

However, just after sunset as I was approaching Babinda, went through a swarm of insects that covered the windscreen within a minute. Cleaned the glass at the next servo, and the rest of the car when I got home to Cairns. No damage done, and I must have taken out 10,000 of the flying bugs.

Guest FatBAt
  • Guests

There is another alternative to a car-bra. 3M have a product that is applied to all forward facing areas of the front of the car that feels like a polymer type plastic. It's almost soft to touch.

I have it on my 03 model and it has still not yellowed after almost 4 years. It is almost invisible and it can be removed at any time if it starts to get ratty. I swear by it. Why buy a car-bra when you can get the same result by something that is almost invisible?

Cheers