Clutch Problems

Meggs_83

• Mal Wood Automotive
  • Member For: 21y 5m 30d
awesome I'm gettin jittery juat thinkin about gettin the T back on the road, prolly go for a drive until I run out of juice as soon as I do :buttrock:

That damn standard clutch did a good job on your syncros, we are going to replace all of them! it will also get New input shaft, New bearing kit, New alloy CSC, New Braided line and Braided remote bleed, New shift rail bushes, New Front plate, New bellhousing, New short throw, Shortened gearstick, Oil and my 11'' clutch kit with a New spigot bearing and New flywheel bolts. It will be as good if not better than new ! Regards Mal

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 17y 5m 16d
Did you notice a clutch smell at the time?

Didn't smell a thing until I got out and started picking up the pieces

That damn standard clutch did a good job on your syncros, we are going to replace all of them! it will also get New input shaft, New bearing kit, New alloy CSC, New Braided line and Braided remote bleed, New shift rail bushes, New Front plate, New bellhousing, New short throw, Shortened gearstick, Oil and my 11'' clutch kit with a New spigot bearing and New flywheel bolts. It will be as good if not better than new ! Regards Mal

mal, is it worth gettin the sump fixed or replaced

post-11474-1187183857_thumb.jpg

• Mal Wood Automotive
Didn't smell a thing until I got out and started picking up the pieces

mal, is it worth gettin the sump fixed or replaced

I believe that it will be fine, you still have a few other bolts to tie it together. Mal

• Mal Wood Automotive
so it looks like at least 3 clutches have let go like this

Yes it is quite common!!!! the standard clutch with a Turbo 6 and a boot full and it will fry in no time at all and explode. I keep telling people to upgrade the clutch to something better and our option 3 fits the bill, it is quite cheap insurance! Mal

• 4 weeks later...
  • Mal Wood Automotive
Yes it is quite common!!!! the standard clutch with a Turbo 6 and a boot full and it will fry in no time at all and explode. I keep telling people to upgrade the clutch to something better and our option 3 fits the bill, it is quite cheap insurance! Mal

I quoted on another two cases of clutch explosion just last week, so it continues to happen!!!!

The standard clutch is just that standard, very sub standard!! Why was such a crap clutch put in a performance car and what were the so called engineers smoking when they decided the clutch that they chose was good enough. Mal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 5m 16d

yes ppl it's all goin good, hooks up well but I've babied it since the incident mind you. :ermm:

just a few strange noises I need to address and it'll be all good.

there's an exhaust leak somewhere and a very high pitch squeal and rattle. :spoton: :banghead:

I'm on my last tether with this bloody thing, did a full service the other day and the friggin oil cap thread split in half :laughing::censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: