Clutch Problems

Meggs_83

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 15d

having not so capable clutches are meant to be there to cushion the impact on the gearbox not totally destroy it :roflmbo: , if ford had a half decent clutch assy for a starters that would not have happened

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 15d
If there is no bell housing, how does the gearbox bolt to the motor :blink:

sorry fats but I think you ate your words

sorry but that had to be said :gfight::roflmbo:

• Mal Wood Automotive
  • Member For: 21y 5m 30d
that was their recommendation, but I'm just gonna replace the broken bits eg. input shaft and bearings

I just got some parts in that will help you, I have got a Used front plate and bellhousing, an alloy CSC and steel flywheel and clutch from my own ute, it is perfect,that will come out after the weekend( I will be trying an upgrade) and I can get your transmission picked up and returned to you ready to fit for about $400 all up with insurance. We will rebuild it for $440 plus parts and I might even be able to get a sump if you need one. I should be able to save you thousands. Mal

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 14d
I just got some parts in that will help you, I have got a Used front plate and bellhousing, an alloy CSC and steel flywheel and clutch from my own ute, it is perfect,that will come out after the weekend( I will be trying an upgrade) and I can get your transmission picked up and returned to you ready to fit for about $400 all up with insurance. We will rebuild it for $440 plus parts and I might even be able to get a sump if you need one. I should be able to save you thousands. Mal

Talk about sponsors looking after forum members?????

Well done Mal

Edited by GreenXR6T

• Member For: 19y 4m 15d

Mal,

Well done!

Just for that I'll be calling you for my new clutch when the POS motorsports clutch I have in drops its load! That one HAD to be put in due to an ongoing issue with my (previous) tuner.

Meggs, jump on that before I do,,,hahaha.